Clowns spawning

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Carole is going to have to change her screen name, lol.

This is their biggest clutch of eggs so far, and their first spawn in a community tank. They have been spawning for about the last 6-8 months pretty regularly. These are her clowns, George and Gracie.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;264498 said:
Are you going to try and raise them?
Probably not this batch. She wants to eventually, but we don't have the time or room at this point.
Although we probably should since I almost killed her female clown shortly after she posted the video above. She wanted me to scrape the glass and so I grabbed my trusty 4" razor blade paint scraper and went to work. I didn't even think of the clowns and their nest of eggs...as I approached the side of the tank with the nest...the female attacked the razor blade. She ended up with a 1/4" cut accross the top of her head and a 5/8" gash along her upper side.
She never skipped a beat...she kept up her harassment of the other fish, kept eating and playing in her nem. This was almost a week ago and she is doing great. But we sure were worried that I had just killed her. Good water params and varied diet has helped avoid any infection IMO. She is healing nicely.

Word of warning to those that use razors to scrape the glass...fish are fast and like the pretty shiney things....oh look a chicken...