Colorado Sunburst

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I always wanted one, but not sure how it would do released in my mixed tank. I noticed they are always raised in baskets?
You raise them in baskets so that they are easy to remove and sell. That way you dont have to deal with trying to get them off the rocks, which can be a real pain. They dont need to be raised in baskets though

SUS

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
I always wanted one, but not sure how it would do released in my mixed tank. I noticed they are always raised in baskets?
I have 2 roaming free in my mixed (mainly sps)system along with 2 supernovas. For the most part they have found a happy spot and haven’t moved. The rest I keep in baskets

FOURSTARS

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was in Elite Reef a few years ago and they had half a dozen or so for sale 400 each. My wife pointed them out and I told her there’s no way I’m paying 400 bucks for an anemone! Not as bad as the offer I turned down from brother in law to buy apple stock in th eighties! But still painful. So where did this morph come from, who is this Ki, and why is a marbled foot so important?

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I was in Elite Reef a few years ago and they had half a dozen or so for sale 400 each. My wife pointed them out and I told her there’s no way I’m paying 400 bucks for an anemone! Not as bad as the offer I turned down from brother in law to buy apple stock in th eighties! But still painful. So where did this morph come from, who is this Ki, and why is a marbled foot so important?
At one point about a year or 2 ago they were $1800 - $2100 all day long!

I may have some of the facts a little off, but Key's Island was a local fish store in Denver that got one of these nems in a shipment. He recognized it as special and put it aside and let it grow out and naturally split. He began to selectively release them to buyers. So the top specimen are said to have lineage back to Ki. At least that's the version of the story I heard. I'm sure there are some urban legends out there!

Edit:
A little more from R2R

IUFan

Angel Fish
Do you think a RBTA and this Nem would play nice on the same rock? Or would they try to kill each other?

I had several RBTA’s live on the same rock but that’s with the same species. Curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Do you think a RBTA and this Nem would play nice on the same rock? Or would they try to kill each other?

I had several RBTA’s live on the same rock but that’s with the same species. Curious

Not suggested!!

SUS

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member

No way. The RBTA will most certainly kill the sunburst. Even if in different tank all together (if plumbed together) chemical warfare will ensue

IUFan

Angel Fish
Oh wow! My RBTA just has sentimental value to me, had it for so long, otherwise I’d love to switch it.