Committee Members

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Alright everyone, welcome to the committee that will make the bid for us to hopefully host MACNA 2014!!!! As has been stated either through email, or other threads, or through the word document that Steven Pro sent us, this WILL take a LOT of work. Please, if this is something you can't help us with do NOT say you will. We need dedicated people who are willing to take the time for the greater good of the club :)! Hopefully that's not harsh, we just can't have people being given responsibilities only to taper off and not do them. This is a serious thing and we'd like to have the people who want to contribute be here helping! So far those who have said they would help include:

Adam (amonchak)
Aaron (wicked demon)
Jon (Jonthefb)
Juan (hurrafreak)

I made it so that Rob (rmougey) is able to see this thread as it would benefit the club to have him on our side :). Rob hopefully will jump on board! I know that there have been a few members in the general forum who have said they'd love to help, they include:

blazinjack
craigar
cdrewferd
ReefCheif
CRW Reef

That puts us up to a 10 person committee. I'm not exactly sure how much time the members will be able to commit, but we can reach out to them if nobody has a problem with it? Maybe make them read the paperwork to gauge what their commitment might be before they decide? Also we should have a list of other people who we might want to reach out to to help as well? Some suggestions already:

Christina Pearson - past president of MASC, BOD of MASNA
Jake Adams - no bio needed haha
Mike McKibinator - he wont the science fair last year and went to MACNA, he may be super enthusiastic about helping?
Reefkoi
Michael Drumm - not sure if we need a lawyer or not but in the packet it says it would be good to have one
Brent - to hopefully be able to volunteer his designing skills to help us with advertising and logos, etc

Do any of you have ANY other people or think of any other people who we should try and reach out to?

Hopefully we can make a strong bid for MACNA 2014!! Please feel free to post your own threads here with questions or comments!! We don't have much time though as ALL the bids are due at this years MACNA 2012 in Dallas. So we need to get this locomotive moving!!!

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
I think that we need to have a meeting with the core group to determine how to get ther others members interested involved.

We also need to be sure that everyone know what kind of commitment this will require.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
amonchak;180697 said:
I think that we need to have a meeting with the core group to determine how to get ther others members interested involved.

We also need to be sure that everyone know what kind of commitment this will require.
I can meet this weekend, not sure about you other guys :). Also we do need to present anybody new coming on with the word document that was sent to us for them to read over as well as go over how much they need to be dedicated if they say they want a part of this! That way we can try and at least curb some of the faltering in the future!

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
How about Sunday during the tank swap LOL.

Sat. is no good for me.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Sunday afternoon/evening would be prefered to me.

jonthefb

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yep Sunday is good for me. I have to take the wife to the airport at 230 so am available anytime after 3. We can meet at my house if you guys want, or I can hook up with you all, whatever is most convenient. Juan and I have been chatting about this the past couple of days and I have some ideas that my boss at Seachem and I have come up with that I think can make this more interactive!

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
OH my Gosh its a ghost!! What up Jon!

My house may work too, if you don't mind kids :p
Where do you live these days Jon?

jonthefb

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Boooo!

White as a ghost maybe...

Bought a house in Parker back in October and have been down there since! Love it! Just lemme know where you guys wanna meet up and I'll be there!

Cheers!

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Perfect, that's 4 of us. I don't know the relation of houses between Adam and Jon since I'm not a denver'ite, but maybe it's easies to just meet at one of the houses?

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey guys... have a good meeting Sunday... I'll be in SoCal for the week... it's tough having to see all those wholesalers and retailers out there, but I suppose somebody has to do it. :)

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
rmougey;180879 said:
Hey guys... have a good meeting Sunday... I'll be in SoCal for the week... it's tough having to see all those wholesalers and retailers out there, but I suppose somebody has to do it. :)
Rob when/if you got time I'd love to talk :). I'm definitely jealous of your SoCal plans!!

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
If you want a draft of the agenda please post your email here.