Copperband Butterfly and Blue Jaw Trigger Reef Safe?

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hello, Everyone

I have been looking at adding these as the last two fish in my 90 gallon reef.
I am more worried about the copperband butterfly eating my corals, I have Lps,Zoas,SPS,clam and rbta? I know djkms has kept a copperband in a reef has anyone else done it here?
Now has anyone kept a blue jaw trigger with blood/fire shrimp? I have heard that some people had there blue jaw's eat there clams?
Please post your experiences...

Thanks,
Andy Masters

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a cb in my reef, I was worried about it picking at my clams so I moved them to another tank. It is housed in a mixed reef w Sps lps and anemones and he has been a model citizen! Don't have any experience w triggers, hope this helps!

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a CBB in my 90 reef, he has been behaving, and eating aptasia I have a pretty good sized clam and LPS and doesnt bother them at all

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had a blue jaw trigger in my reef a few years ago. He did fine but it depends on the fish.

mdrumm

Butterfly Fish
have a pair of bluejaws for about a year. No issues. My copperband likes scolys so I don't keep them. It's worth it to me to not have aiptasia

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks everyone! Wheres the best place to buy a copperband butterfly?

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Now I am on the hunt for a nice male blue jaw, I need a small one "3-3 1/2 inches". And copperband about the same size.
If you see any of these please let me know.

Got my cbb from ambrosio a couple weeks ago. Awesome healthy fish. Doesnt touch coral (acans, chalice, zoas) or aptasia lol. It does love frozen mysis and pods though.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Ive had a copperband in my reef for a while, hes a good little fishy. If your thinking a trigger I would reccomend a pink tail trigger instead of a blue jaw. I keep a pink tail in my reef and he thinks hes a tang. Does not mess with inverts or corals, swims with the yellow and Lt. tang, model citizen.

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;200650 said:
Ive had a copperband in my reef for a while, hes a good little fishy. If your thinking a trigger I would reccomend a pink tail trigger instead of a blue jaw. I keep a pink tail in my reef and he thinks hes a tang. Does not mess with inverts or corals, swims with the yellow and Lt. tang, model citizen.
Thanks,
I will think about the pink tail, I just really love the yellow on the blue jaws.

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;200690 said:
If it makes you feel better, the sargassum is really peaceful and the least likely to turn cannibal once he grows up.
I really like the red tails, just a lot of cash.
And when you talk about a cannibal are you talking about the blue jaw or pink tail or both?

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;200717 said:
Mainly everything but these two. Look on RC, most triggers go ape poop after 4 years.
Thanks I will have to think about the triggers.

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok so I was reading on a different forum and people say tangs get aggressive at new fish?
I have a redsea sailfin and a hippo tang both under 3 inches?
I have never seen them go after anyone. The hippo was the last fish to get added in July 10th or so.

Ambrosio Aquatics

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
their are a few triggers, blue jaw, black (Hawaii) white tail,pink tail and a couple others that are deep water fish and dont live around coral to feed upon. but inverts are fair game

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Black white tail?

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk