coral banded,,.... you ....ugh

SLewis

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So the coral banded bastard strikes again. I woke up this morning and upon getting ready for work i went to feed my Trigger tank. i count my fellas up and im missing my pride of the tank, a 1 1/2" Clown trigger. Upon inspection i see the damn Coral banded shrimp Chowing down on the clown trigger. (not to mention that wen i went to move the rock my damn picasso bit me to let me know he was ready for bfast) There was no hope he was gone... He had a good life in my tank always fun and swimming all over the tank, hell he even played with my picasso spitting rocks at each other. He got some frozn food for dinne and looked HAPPY and Healthy when i went to bed. The coral banded even attacked a 3 1/2" pink tale this morning after i took my clown away from it. so far the stupid shrimp has taken the lives of a 3" draggon Wraase, a 1 1/2" clown and a 1" damsel. What a jack ***.

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
...wow. u got a BEAST of a coral banded for sure... IMO id sell it. with keeping triggers its only a matter of time before he becomes food anyway. sorry for your loss, they never go for the cheap or less rare fish it seems, deaths and kills only happen to the rare, exotic and expensive fish... :-/

SLewis

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
he is full grown, he took over a "hole" in the tank and god help anything that swims by. i have even re aranged the rock plenty of times he just takes over the rock. If my wife didnt love it he would be gone. I secretly bought the pink tale to eat the coral banded in hopes it would have a nice snack... hasnt happened yet

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
hahaha nice, well maybe u need to get an acrylic sheet or something and if possible divide a section of the tank off and throw him in that section with that rock. Did that in my sump with my mantis cuz otherwise he would kill the 10 damsels i buy a month for him all in 1 night and let them rot and only eat like 1/2 of 1

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Pink tails not gonna eat that shrimp. Im not sure where you got that idea but the pink tail is probably the least likely trigger to go after inverts. Id get rid of the CBS for sure though.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had one of those evil beasts. He went dancing in the snow one night because he ate the wrong thing.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mine is a real SOB too. He's huge though and really cool so I have not had the heart to give him up yet. So far mine has only killed every other shrimp Ive tried to put in there with him. I got some aiptasia starting and would really like to add some peppermints but he makes quick work of them.

We call him "Dr. Seuss" because of his color (cat in the hat) and because hes like an evil surgeon. When I do try to keep peppermints its not uncommon for me to find him with a leg or antenna hes munching on from one of the other shrimp that were lucky enough to escape with only a missing limb.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
D you guys direct feed you CBS? I have 2 large ones in my reef, they each get a peice of squid everynight. They dont mess with my fish or other inverts and do a really good job at scaveging during the day.

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Crazy! Dude's got expensive taste! You should sell him and start buying a monthly wagyu beef shipment, probably would be an even $$ trade.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;247810 said:
Well if you need to relocate that CBS, I need 1 for my sump :p
I will definitley consider it. I always struggle getting rid of anything ive had for a long time but i really do need to find him a new home.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a yellow pseudochromis that would go well in a semi aggressive tank, like it sounds yours might be, up for trade for that CBS. :p

SLewis

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
My wife (knowing my absolute favorite fish is a clown trigger) found me a bigger 2 1/2 inches, and bought him for my as a gift for our 4 year anniversary. While its sad to loose a member of the tank, this one will do nice, especially now that within 2 minutes of being in the new tank the CBS jumped out at him and now has one less claw and is hiding in the only spot the new trigger cant get to him. I have a nanno the cbs might go in or in my Refugio

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
SLewis;247876 said:
My wife (knowing my absolute favorite fish is a clown trigger) found me a bigger 2 1/2 inches, and bought him for my as a gift for our 4 year anniversary. While its sad to loose a member of the tank, this one will do nice, especially now that within 2 minutes of being in the new tank the CBS jumped out at him and now has one less claw and is hiding in the only spot the new trigger cant get to him. I have a nanno the cbs might go in or in my Refugio
now that's an awesome wifey!

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Fascinating. I have a pair in my reef and they don't bother anything. And I have cleaner/blood/peppermint and harleys in there as well as fish obviously. They never bother anyone and I do not feed them anything separately.