Coral frags

Hey everyone. I was just wanting to write and tell everyone first off thanks for all the help and everything for my tank and I decided to do a reef tank instead of the fowlr thanks to synden. He donated some coral frags for my tank. I greatly appreciate that. Was wondering if there were anyone that had any frags. I would be willing to pay if need be but don't have a tremendous amount of money. I appreciate everything you guys have done for me. Thanks and hope you had a wonderful Easter.

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lots of people up north have frag tanks, as well as a couple sponsors. Great White, and Gonzo are both fairly close to you. It's gonna be a little bit of a haul for you, but the April club meeting is a DBTC, and there are always frags left over.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
What Dane said but don't forget The Fish Crew is up in Ft Collins too.

I have been to great white. It's an amazing store. I am really appreciative of everyone on here. Where do I get the info for the meetings? What's DBTC?

So these stores are sponsors of this site? Are there any places that I don't want to say "give away" but rather say donate frags. If not that maybe frags that won't rape my wallet lol

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
DBTC stands for Don't Break The Chain.

It is basically a pay it forward program. You give a coral to someone and that person is responsible for growing that coral out and passing 2 frags forward to other people and so on. This also ensures that there are other pieces of your coral out there in case your tank crashes.

On a side note, asking for free coral is frowned upon. I recommend looking through the beginner section of the DBTC forums to see if there are any DBTC's that have not been claimed.

If you buy coral from many of the hobbyists here in the club, many of them toss in freebies and such if you buy coral from them. Me personally, if someone spends $50+ on coral I normally toss in 1-2 freebies.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
How old is your system? What are the perimeters? Lighting and flow. I'm up north, Greeley, and would be willing to help you out when your tank is ready. Many on here helped me after my crash a while back.

So it has been running for 3 months now. I have had stock in there for 2 months. Been doing all required water changes. I am running a T5 quad 48" light. 2 10000k and 2 actinic blue lights. And then I have my blue moonlight leds. I have 3 wavemakers. Between them all its pushing through about just under 1000 gal per hour.

My readings as of yesterday that I took were

Calcium-400 ppm
Salinity-1.025
Temp-78 F
Ph-8.1
Magnesium 1275
Nitrite and nitrate are at 0

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
djromo;346941 said:
My readings as of yesterday that I took were

Calcium-400 ppm
Salinity-1.025
Temp-78 F
Ph-8.1
Magnesium 1275
Nitrite and nitrate are at 0
What's your alkalinity at? Phosphate?

NightHawk

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you are near Fort Collins I have a couple frags you might be interested in. Green paly's, some no name zoas, kenya trees, and i could cut up some xenia.

That would be sweet I would appreciate that. I live in cheyenne. I will be able to make it this weekend. Do you happen to have any pics

Dr.HarlemTutu;346937 said:
How old is your system? What are the perimeters? Lighting and flow. I'm up north, Greeley, and would be willing to help you out when your tank is ready. Many on here helped me after my crash a while back.
Hey was wondering if you were still willing to help out. I never heard anything back from you. Thanks

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
djromo;347504 said:
Hey was wondering if you were still willing to help out. I never heard anything back from you. Thanks
Sure, give me a week. My ph controller failed to turn my co2 on for my calcium reactor. It took me a few days to notice and my alk dropped a lot. It's getting back in order now but I'd hate to give you stressed corals. But I do have several corals cut and healing. Pm me next weekend and we'll set up a time for sure.