Coral Frenzy's Nano Sinking Ship Build

Blindrage

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you want the full story on part of the history see this thread.

The file fish and tiny goby that were/will-be in this tank are currently in my 150gallon, and so far so good while they wait on their old/future home to be ready for them.
The one surviving sexy shrimp from the above incident went into the 150, but has not been seen since. I am hoping he is hiding in the rock work and will make an appearance in the future.

The equipment is as follows:
Tank: IM Nano 24 AIO
Skimmer: Tunze 9002
Light: AI Vega
Reactor: IM Reactor
ATO: Specturepure ATO

Here are two pics of the rockwork that is in place. One is a full frontal shot, and the second is on an angle to help show the 3D elements worked into the aquascape.

Enjoy, and we will add to this as more goes into the tank.

View attachment 17079 View attachment 17080

I love those IM tanks! looking forward to more pics

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Looks very nice.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
THIS NANO LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT JOB!! DEF anxious to see how you stock it!

That's funny. I didn't get the nano part as i was browsing it and was amazed a tank that big could be floating like that lol. Had to look at the title again lol. That looks amazing

Blindrage

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am currently having issues with the skimmer. Not really getting any bubbles out of it.

I need to pull it apart and make sure the airline is not kinked. I may also run the line a bit higher to a new airvalve to make it easier to adjust.

Blindrage

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I finally got back to the skimmer, and sure enough I had kinked the airline when I put it back together last time. Now that the issue has been rectified the skimmer is working great.

The skimate is a bit watery, but I am going to give it a week like this before I try to move towards a thicker extract. No noise, and seems to be doing a good job during the expect diatom bloom that is occurring. The couple of snails and hermits in the tank seem to be doing well, and the two tiny polyps of GSP have been looking good during every light cycle.

One more good water test and it will be time to start thinking about how I am going to catch that Goby and Pipefish for the move back to this tank, and time to inoculate this tank with pods. I did notice the PO4 is a little raised, but I assume that is from the tap water that I rinsed the sand with combined with the tank feeding with nothing else in there. The IM reactor that just went in should take care of it within a few days.