Coral lighting project

Thank you guys! So Close!! I pulled lots of data last night from builds and contest and got an extra 10 reliable data set so far(using pictures and descriptions).

JDA, I asked if I can do that, in short I can't without reworking the project again. But I think we can pull it together here. I only need 5 more data points, which we have 24 hours to get with two different sites requesting.

Post up your data here for entry for DBTC Zoas and thank you for participating! The drawing and report will be around the 15th the last day of class.

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Watts per gallon: 3.2

Coral Growth: I get 2-3 new polyps per month on LPS and Zoa's and 1/4" per month on SPS. That's just an average since some corals are faster than others.

Lights: 8x24w T5 ATI dimmable fixture.

Wow, what a crazy week! Well the project is almost done, I am not the brightest when it comes to fully reading the directions fully and found out that I needed 40 sets of data from EACH lighting type. After a blur of other studying, projects and papers somewhere this weekend I pulled the remaining needed data from other reef clubs around the country like R2R, Nanoreef blah blah blah. Next week I will be randomizing the selection for a winners of a 3 headed CRW, which is looking amazing, and a multi head frag of bam bams.

Here is what I can say so far, lighting in watts per gallon is not very equivalent overall, Conventional lighting like florescent and MH is somewhat linear but Led is no where close to linear. I think they had a 25% and 33.4% correlation to coral growth, so it will be really cool to compile more data sets in the future. I want to go back and get a sample of club lighting and compare it to the other form jda mentioned for ****s and giggles. I also think that looking at the data I would go back and see what LEDs caused massive growth and which ones stunted growth. I didn't record the lighting brands on those other sites so I will start here for reference. It may indicate some very useful info for us coral people :)

Anyway off to study for my last two finals and polish up a paper and the stats report, its at 15 pages atm. Thank you all very much for participating!!

View attachment 22116 Okay this is the report, I reread it after turning it in. I cannot say that it is grammatically perfect and some of the wording is weird. With little time I was finishing things as fast as I can. I also had a conclusion of the final conclusions based on a confidence test. I printed it out with it but apparently didn't save it. All it really said in a page and a half of words was to explain that statistically it was 95% certain the perimeters were within those last numbers at the end. I hope you enjoy this and I thank you for your help!!!!!

Alrighty as promised DBTC time! I have the Rainbow pallies (has 4 heads now) and Bam Bams (5 or 6 heads). I will bring them all to this months meeting. Here is the list. please post up if I forgot you:

MASC DBTC Entry’s
1. Sethsolomon
2. Jda123
3. Zombie
4. Charleshardy5
5. J.guokas
6. Sweat044
7. Balz3352
8. MuralReef
9. Miah2bzy
10. TheRealChrisBrown
11. SkyShark
12. Firedawg
13. PlumCrazy
14. SynDen
15. CRW Reef
16. Deboy69
17. Clowninaround7474
18. LeviK
19. TomTom2245
20. Hooked
21. JuanGutz
22. Romebaby

Okay no one said they were left out or wanted to be out. My brothers comp rolled 2 and 20, pm and the first can pic out what they want and second can take next. I've got the DBTC posted 5x head of bam bams or 4 head of Rainbow Pallies and then 1/4 garf bonzi frags, 10x head of goblinfire, dups of everything and a couple of mixed pieces to chose from. What ever is left I will DBTC at the January meeting. I will have 6 to 8 remaining frags, post up here if you are going and what you would prefer and Ill go in that order. Thanks again guys!!!

The winner(s) have passed on both as they entered by helping out, Thank you Hooked and JDA! These are now open to anyone and I will be bringing them to the meeting. Thanks again all :)