1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

DBTC contest ideas

Discussion in 'Instructions for DBTC' started by Cherub, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Cherub

Cherub Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

I'm half asleep and not thinking clearly so I need a contest idea or two for some frags I wanted to give out for reef ed. Person with the best idea will get a 7 polyp frag of tubbs blue

2. Cherub

oh you have till 7pm 2 entries

3. 2sweet

2sweet Prawn

Movie trivia works pretty well...or an amusing video would be fun

4. Haulin Oates

Haulin Oates Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

DBTC contest ideas

Obscure quote or line from a song or movie, and people have to guess title, author, singer, ect.

5. aresgraphix

aresgraphix Copepod

You could do "Historic Quote" trivia. Post a quote, 1st person to guess correct wins. If there are no correct answers after a set period of time or set number of guesses, post another quote, but make the answers include more info such as when did they say it, or what movie is it from, etc. to make it a little more challenging.

6. Munch

Munch Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

People have to guess your first job you had while in high school.

7. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

I love looking at pictures...I would say give everyone till Friday evening to post a picture of the favorite animal or coral or combo of either in thier tank. At whatever time you pick the winner for the photo you like best.

I also like the idea of adding the following:
    Then to keep the chain rolling add + if you win you have a wkee to DBTC something yourself.

8. asn-naso

asn-naso Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Thinking that you are half asleep, and might be feeling kinda lazy, why not just post "first to ask form them as DBTC gets them". One frag per person, and must be a member?

Or, say - The first person to guess the color/type/name/size/etc.... of the frag gets it?

9. aresgraphix

aresgraphix Copepod

You could show an extreme close-up picture of a fish or coral or whatever, and the 1st to correctly guess what it is wins. Here is an example. [attachment=64646:name]

10. Cherub

i like some of these but kinda want stuff people cant google lol

11. jbuckeye76

jbuckeye76 Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

A mystery DBTC... "Guess the coral you could win!"

12. deboy69

deboy69 Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

Re: DBTC contest ideas

American history contest. Put out info and guess what year it happened. Patriotic and independence day coming up.

sent from your home

13. Andrew_bram

Andrew_bram Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

DBTC contest ideas

See who can make best hair like guy from accident aliens.

14. FinsUp

FinsUp According to my watch, the time is now. M.A.S.C Club Member

Ask people to post up their favorite quote in 2 categories (say... one about hard work and another about the ocean), and you pick your favorites of the two.

15. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Have people post "reef facts" and the one fact you like the most wether it be funny fact or just a did you know fact, wins.

16. jahmic

jahmic Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Guess your favorite beer :)

17. Cherub

Ok I like this one the most. Sorry for the delay I got busy last night but yeah Cindy you win the zoas :)

18. FinsUp

WOOHOO!!! I win! I win!

And my thank you will be to post my favorite quote:
    "The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." - TR

Not trying to win the other DBTCs. I just love that particular quote and wanted to share.

19. Cherub

holy cow you're up! I thought I was the only one with sleep issues haha. Congrats :) You going to Reef Ed?

20. FinsUp

Yep. I'll be there bright and early, to help set up. You wanna bring them to that?

Yeah, and sleep issues suck.