Disapointment

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So as of lately every time someone posts good feedback about another LFS someone has got to chime in about a sponsor and you should go to them. While I do frequent these stores, I like to see/shop at different places. I for one appreciate someone leaving good or bad feedback for a store I have never been to.

Recently I went to a store that was recommended (in another stores feedback) that “he could beat those prices” just to find out that “he” does not stock fish. Even though it was made to look as though “ he “did. So please I ask you, don’t ruin other stores feedback and let people shop where they may. We know the sponsors are here and will support them. But at least for me if I feel they are being rammed down my throat they grow out of favor, so you are in fact hurting their business at least with me (and maybe others).

I am sorry if you think I am out of line but I am not the one who set the grounds for these pages. Quote From the sticky
"This forum is for club members to post feedback, ask general questions about vendors, or ask about vendors who do not have their own forums. This forum is NOT intended for vendors to promote their business. If you are a vendor and wish to post about your business, you must be a featured or premium sponsor and sign up for your own forum. The only exception to this rule is that you are permitted one response to any direct question asked specifically about your business. We reserve the right to remove posting privileges for abuses of this rule (i.e. having a friend post a question just so you can respond). If you want to have the freedom to post as you like, sign up as a featured or premium sponsor and for your own forum."

It has not been "vendors" starting these threads it has been members.So I ask, people are doing no wrong and unless you have dealings with "that vendor" please don't ad in "this sponsor is great".

Last edited by a moderator:

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
+1 Centillion! Thanks for posting this, it's much needed.

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was quite surprised by the animosity posted in a closed thread by many, including BOD statements that could have worded a bit better. I personally like the vendor, and thought the most appropriate response was the one from the owner. However, the personal attacks were simply uncalled for.

I also agree that sponsors should use extreme care when posting in other sponsors forums, or any thread that they are not the OP, unless it's in their own forum. It's simply bad taste and reflects poorly on the poster.

We all have positive and negative experiences with purchases. Expressing your experience is not an attack on a favored individual or sponsor. No matter how good the retailer, things sometimes don't go as intended. Critique offers a chance to correct issues, identify unrecognized problems or simply satisfy an unhappy customer. It's difficult to build a reefing community when we subvert each other.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The issue comes down to borderline behavior.
~~If we (the BOD) police every thread and delete any difference of opinion we are cast in a negative light, and people think we are censorship nazis.
Do you want every opinion you voice scrutinized for its "appropriateness"?
~~If we allow behavior that doesn't warrant infractions, but is still inappropriate or unethical in some way, the whole club looks bad, but everybody gets to have their say.
Which is worse?? & Once you start deleting questionable comments (subjective) where do you draw the line? (bearing in mind the people involved in these issues are almost always a sponsor and/or vested member)

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wicked Demon;134880 said:
The issue comes down to borderline behavior.
~~If we (the BOD) police every thread and delete any difference of opinion we are cast in a negative light, and people think we are censorship nazis.
Do you want every opinion you voice scrutinized for its "appropriateness"?
~~If we allow behavior that doesn't warrant infractions, but is still inappropriate or unethical in some way, the whole club looks bad, but everybody gets to have their say.
Which is worse?? & Once you start deleting questionable comments (subjective) where do you draw the line? (bearing in mind the people involved in these issues are almost always a sponsor and/or vested member)

I’m not asking for any policing in any way other than members to have respect for others. It seems as though a select few try to make it a point that "their" favorite sponsor is interjected into almost every post in this "vendor" thread. More or less I was making a point and asking that they have respect for other members and myself not to overrun valuable information with their constant promotion.

I have spent money and intend to spend money with our sponsors. Just because I start, replay or ask about another vendor that shouldnot subject me or anyone else to constant bombardment about someone else.

In short I was taking the high road and giving an example and politely asking people to drop the cheerleading from the “other vender”thread.

I felt that many others felt the same and was making a point, none of which I felt needed policing. So if you felt that I was asking for that I’m sorry.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
No apologies needed, more simply put- to have our own opinions respected, we must tolerate others opinions, even if we dont like them.
I agree feedback threads need only involve the vendor and the customer supplying the feedback.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
i think the first post in this thread was sufficient and didn't need any further comment ...point taken