DIY frag tray.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Made a frag tray for Gabe, he asked for more holes to put plugs close together. I am trying to design a all in one frag tray with it's own magnets. If I am successful, I will make them to order, size wise for any one who would like one.

Not prettiest at this point, did the holes mostly by eye. The ones for sale will be way nicer.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
No idea yet, price will depend on the magnets I end up using. And of course size.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
yep, good magnets can be pricey :)
kjmagnetics is where I buy my magnets. If I could encase the magnets in acrylic the
DX-06 or the DX-06 N52 would be perfect for holding up frags. Those magnets can draw
blood if you aren't careful.

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
is something that strong totally needed?? I mean yes it would be cool to have some magnents that can lift your car but under water everything weighs considerably less. i bet you could get some decent ones on ebay....or i can take the risk i guess i could just pay you for one of the acrylic racks and ill be some cheapo magnents on ebay and see how much they can hold. And i will report back with a fail or pass lol

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am going to look at hobby lobby today and see what they have. If not I will get some on ebay.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
tlsrcs;150376 said:
is something that strong totally needed?? I mean yes it would be cool to have some magnents that can lift your car but under water everything weighs considerably less. i bet you could get some decent ones on ebay....or i can take the risk i guess i could just pay you for one of the acrylic racks and ill be some cheapo magnents on ebay and see how much they can hold. And i will report back with a fail or pass lol
I'll put it this way.....the Eshopps frag rack uses crappy magnets and it won't even hold itself up with 1/2" glass. My MP40 produced enough current to knock it off the wall and push it through the tank.
When I used those magnets in the link, my rack only moved when I moved it intentionally.

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
hhmm yea i kind of forgot some of us have bullet proof glass........that is defi. something to consider when selectin magnets

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
From what I have been reading is you really have to look at the pull force of the magnet. And then est what it would be through thicker glass.