DIY Stand Help (Wood)

Hey Guys,

I'm totally struggling to get to a good build for a stand, let alone a good design. I'm terrible at SketchUp (I've been watching through the videos today, and apparently I'm not capable of building SketchUp skillz0rs). I considered building the stand out of the extruded aluminum stuff, but that's turning out to be insanely expensive. The big issues I seem to be struggling with is building a stand that fits both my sump (40G Breeder) and my tank (110G Tall) which are both 18" while keeping the tank on top of the legs. I'd also like to build it so that the stand extends on either side of the tank so I can use them for storage.

The tank is 48Lx18Wx30H (110G) and then the sump tank is 36Lx18Wx16H. I'd like the stand to be 48Wx24Wx36H, with two side bits (one on either side) at 24Lx24Wx36H (although those I can do whenever, but that's the general idea). I'm thinking I need to add two extra legs on the left and right to support the tank at 18". If I'm lucky, I'll get a frag tank in one of the side parts. Does this sound sane? Also, I'm not able to find much online on skinning the stand, anyone have any suggestions there?

I won't say no if someone wants to come over and help... :) If anyone feels the urge that is. I'll feel / water whom ever wants to help out!

Hey… I have a stand for ya. Some one built a custom frag tank for, and the damn thing leaks from the first day (not mentioning any names here). I Have a custom stand, nothing fancy. Its been sitting in my basement in storage. It measures 48x25x37. If you want it, its yours. I'll give it to you. If you want to give me a frag or something, that'd be cool...

LMK
-David