DOS Alternating Settings

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Quick question around my DOS. Over the last several months, I've had the DOS set up to deliver 65 mL/day of 2-part over a 24-hour period. The directions on my 2-part (SeaChem Reef Fusion) say to dose the other a few minutes after the first. I've noticed that the DOS delivers them roughly at the same time.

Is there any way in the configuration to (easily) set up a staggered dosing? Otherwise I might break it up into alternating intervals -- i.e.: 00:00-01:00 5.5mL Calcium 01:00-02:00 5.5mL Alkalinity...and so on.

Thanks!
Adam

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So your intervals start like this: Head 1: 00:00 and Head 2: 00:05?

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Jeremiah;349933 said:
I actually started mine a 00:05 and 00:10. I tend to avoid 00:00 for no absolute reason other than being me.
Changing that now...sometimes the best solutions are the simplest. Thanks!

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Jeremiah;349933 said:
I actually started mine a 00:05 and 00:10. I tend to avoid 00:00 for no absolute reason other than being me.
This doesn't always work with the algorithm that the DOS uses. It is the easiest way, so try that first, but if it doesn't work, I can show you how to do it with profiles.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Set up a profile that doses 5.4 ml at a rate of 7 ml per minute, repeat interval 3600 seconds and number of doses = 1. Then use these codes

Cal
Fallback OFF
OSC 000:00/060:00/060:00 Then profilename

Alk
Fallback OFF
OSC 060:00/060:00/000:00 Then profilename

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Done, thanks!

So what we're doing here is dosing Calcium the first hour (5.4mL/hr) then dosing Alkalinity the second hour. Am I right?

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yep. If you want the doses smaller (say alternating every 30 min), you could cut all the times dose amount interval, etc in half or quarter, etc.

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nah, 5.4mL is small enough. It seems to be working as expected. I set the normal interval to dose .1mL between 00:00-00:10 to make it happy.

By default it still dosed my regular dose in addition to the profile.

Thanks for the help!

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So for some reason I couldn't get this to work properly. I was delivering 112mL/day with these settings. So I just went the manual way and alternated doses based upon time with the standard table.

Oh, and I picked up one of the new DDR reservoirs! It'll be here next Tuesday. #impulsebuy