Dream-ish build!

Mccoc033

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So my wife and I have just purchased our first home, and the time to finally start a large tank. We talked to Cris at aquatic art and pending some final measurements we have decided that we would like to try a 180. I would like to try bigger, but since we don't have a basement and are slightly limited on space, 180 seems like a better fit. I plan on building a custom floor to ceiling stand/cabinet. We don't even take possession until August 14th, and we are having a baby at the end of august(busy month lol) so this will most likely be a fairly slow build. I'm hoping that the crawl space in the house will allow me to run all the plumbing into a room built into the garage. I can't wait to get started. I'll update asap.

Mccoc033

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
It's now official. I went to the new house today to measure. And I will be able to upgrade to a 180 gallon monster. The tank will span several support beams including the main support for the house. Other great news is that I am about 99% sure that I will have a sump room in the garage. The sump room will be an 8x8 insulated room that will be heated and cooled with the rest of the house. I can't wait to get started on this build.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Mccoc033;355079 said:
It's now official. I went to the new house today to measure. And I will be able to upgrade to a 180 gallon monster. The tank will span several support beams including the main support for the house. Other great news is that I am about 99% sure that I will have a sump room in the garage. The sump room will be an 8x8 insulated room that will be heated and cooled with the rest of the house. I can't wait to get started on this build.
Nice! Congrats

Mccoc033

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tomorrow I am making a trip down to Colorado Springs to pick up 100 lbs of live rock and a couple buckets of salt. I have started drawing up plans and I am picking up a new miter saw (or someone is picking it up for me) as I type this. First thing that will happen is walling in the sump room in the new garage as soon as I get into the new home on the 14th of August. Once I get the sump room walled in, insulated, and cooled I will move the current tank into that room where it will stay until the 180 is fully cycled. Waiting to get into a new home is so hard, I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve every day. :)

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Congratulations! Can't wait for the build thread.

Mccoc033

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well, it has been 2 years since I have done any kind of update on this tank! I actually did move forward with a lot of plans, including keeping mos of the equipment in the garage. A huge thanks to Cris from Aquatic Art Inc. for being so patient with me getting everything situated with this build. So, the plans went through several changes over the last two years, but we are finally done for all intents and purposes. I will upload a lot of pictures in a little bit. I hopefully will have some time to be more active in the MASC community again as well lol.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Good to see you back! Pics or it didnt happen ;P

Mccoc033

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Working on getting some pics up. In the meantime I guess I can list some equipment.

Main Display:
180 Gallon Planet Aquarium RR with black vinyl back (6x2x2)
3 Kessil A360N's
2 Ecotech MP40's
Custom Stand

"Refugium":
60 gallon cube(2x2x2)
Kessil A360N
Some Korallia

"Frag Tank":
45 Gallon Shallow (4x2x1 I think)
Kessil A360W
"Mover" Powerhead (some Italian brand I've never heard of)

Shared Components:
70 gallon Stock tank Sump
Vertex Omega 150(will be replaced)
New Style Apex Controller
Finnex 800W Titanium tube Heater
Vertex Dual Chamber Calcium Reactor (CO2 controlled by Apex w/ chinese Solenoid)
Apex WXM Module (for MP40's and future MP10's on frag and fuge)
Apex LSM(not yet installed)
BRS Dual Chamber Reactor
BRS 6 Stage RODI with Water Saver upgrade kit
Tunze Osmolater w/ 35 gallon rubbermaid trash bin
Vectra L1 Return Pump

I added a 100 Amp subpanel to the garage so everything but the Kessils and pumps on the main Display are on a dedicated Circuit. The garage is also temperature controlled via a Daiken Mini-Split Heat Pump.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Press the upload a file button, search for the pics, select and upload. Then post reply. Works on my at least. I’d imaging if you have pics on your computer it’d work as well.

Well, never mind. Not working???

Last edited by a moderator:

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya you're a club member so the upload button should work for you. Be advised that all images max dimensions are 3500px x 3500px though. So if it larger then that, the image will load, but will stop at 100% and wont actually attach to the post.
You can still use photobucket too, but have to use the 'direct link' instead

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Looks great. Nice work. What did you use for supports on that frame?