Drilling Holes in PVC

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I swapped out my 90 degree elbow and placed it with a T. I have a small hole drilled in the cap (highlighted in yellow circle), started off small just in case I wanted to go bigger. My question is what/is there any benefit of having a bigger hole drilled in the cap for the water flow going in the tank?

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
How do I get pictures straight to the body of the forum instead of the attachments?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Here is a write up for using photobucket - I don't think the interface looks the same still but same concept and options I'm fairly certain.

But I myself like to post/host/upload my pics from tapatalk these days. So what I do is use my cell to take pics or I email myself the pics from comp- save to phone and then upload on tapatalk.

How to post images using photobucket - PC Version
http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22170

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Awesome that link helped out a lot.

Here is the correct image if it helps to what we were talking about from the first post.

Jscwerve

Cleaner Shrimp
Why did you replace the 90 with a T? With a hole in the cap you cannot have a full siphon. If you are running a sort of reverse Durso style thing in the line right there, the hole will need to be sized to maintain the proper amount of air to keep the "bubble" inside the pipe and not gurgle.

I don't know what you have for an overflow, but I like a full siphon line. Dead silence.