Electric Blue Jack Dempsey Fry and Tanks

I have a female blue gene jack dempsey and her fry, need to find them a good home. I would sell the female, her fry (maybe 200 of them I think), live plants (anacharis and swords I think) plus a styrofoam container full of frozen bloodworms, a bag of cichlid pellets and a new jar of New Life cichlid food - all for $30 today. A blue gene is a normal looking JD but one of her parents was an electric blue JD. So she carries the blue gene. She spawned with an electric blue who subsequently got the raw end of a pretty good fight.

I need them out asap as I am afraid the longer I have them, the worse chance they have of living. I didn't keep up on the water changes last time and killed the whole batch. I have zero experience raising fry and I didn't really think the pair would be breeding so early after purchasing them I guess. I didn't have a cycled tank to put them in. According to the owner at About Fish on Federal (used to own Sherman Tanks), the fry will be one quarter electric blue and 3/4 will carry the blue gene - my research said half will be blue but maybe that is when both parents are EBJD, not sure. The female is doing an excellent job taking care of the fry but you can separate her from them if you prefer as they are free swimming as of yesterday. PM me as soon as possible to take them home. There is an ad on CL in the pets section with pics of mom and late dad (although the pic of him is a bit crappy due to my taking it after the blowout and him in the QT tank).

I also have a 20 gallon and 10 gallon with a double metal stand to hold both tanks and lots of stuff to set them up and maintain (freshwater master test kit, heater, filter, lights, tops, live plants). $100 for fish and everything. I can only keep up 1 husband, 3 kids and a 90 gallon reef tank at this time. BYOB (bring your own buckets).

Last edited by a moderator: