February 2016 - DBTC Meeting

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Ok everyone the February meeting is going to be DBTC SWAP and will be hosted by our fellow reefer, Scott Chase (aka Scchase) at his brand spanking new home with a killer insane system. He is in the works of putting together another BIG HUGE AMAZING 1000+ gallon system so we are anxious to see that and hope it will be up and running if not close when we get there.

Details:
Date: February 20,2016
Time: 2pm Sharp - check in starts @ 1pm
Place: click HERE for a map and address 106 S. Newbern Ct Aurora, CO - if map doesn't work please PM scchase or a member of the BOD for directions and or address - its in Aurora just SE of E470 and I-70

This meeting will count towards membership for those looking to become a badge member, just make sure you sign the sign in sheet or we wont acknowledge you were there :p Again this will be a DBTC Swap; meaning bring a coral to swap/trade, leave with a different one. For those that don't have any corals to trade at the moment, please still plan to attend as the past few times we have had dozens and dozens of coral left over that went up for grabs in the normal DBTC style.

So stay tuned we may do some pre-registering to help it flow a little better and save some time and we will also list a time as it gets closer ...and we hope to see you all there and make this another epic event!!!!!! ....Just to give you an idea I think we had 300+ corals last time at the Fluid DBTC Swap so you won't want to miss this one!!!!!!

HERE is the link for the Rules and Regulations on the DBTC program http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums...n-Introduction for those that are new to the community or new to the DBTC Frag Swap.

There will be the same 3 SECTIONS as our normal DBTC program and we will have an elected decision maker on what corals fall where. The three levels we will have are as follows and I have included a brief description of each type so you can get a better idea of where your corals will fall.

Beginner: This category contains fairly common corals (non rare zoas, xenia, Kenya trees, etc.) These corals are ideal for members new to the hobby, as they grow well in newer systems or low light systems.

Standard: This category contains the majority of corals in the program, including SPS, LPS, etc. Members propagating this category of coral have a system capable of handling the coral they are asking for (i.e. established system of 4 months +, and satisfying lighting/water requirements for these corals).

Extreme: This category contains rare or normally very expensive corals (for example, bubblegum watermelon chalice). Members propagating this level of DBTC coral have a system capable of handling any coral they are asking for (i.e. established aquarium with lighting/water parameters suitable for these challenging specimens).

Check-in will start at 1pm .....there will be a cut-off time like last the last meeting it will probably be around 1:45-2pm (final cut-off time to be determined before) after the cut-off you will NOT be able to register any more corals so try to be there by 1:45 pm at the absolute latest please!!!!!!!

Frag Entry Process: Ideally each DBTC contributed to the swap, would look like this for all potential coral check in scenarios we might potentially use:
  1. Each Frag in Separate Pee Cup
  2. Pee Cup Top labeled on top with both frag name/type and username (either directly on cap or a label of some type of label placed on the cap)
  3. Hand written or printed list of all coral frags you are entering into the swap (hopefully this matches the corals you check in)
* If the coral name/type is unknown - don't worry we can help ID when you check, you can also post a clear picture under normal lighting (not all blue) here, and we may be able to identify before hand.
** If using zip lock bags for transportation, please use quality locking bags and plan to place a label on the bag for coral name/type

There will not be extra bags or pee cups there or time to re-bag them ...and nobody wants to take a coral home in their pocket :)

THERE SHOULD BE ENOUGH CORALS FOR ALL ....so even if you don't have anything to bring chances are that you will still go home with at least one!

and last but not least don't forget your COOLERS!!!

Stay Tuned for More Details and Updates as they come in!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Frags I will be bringing are ora tricolor, monti setosa, seasons greetings monti, ora green spongodes, copps ultra green monti, radioactive green dragon eye zoas, orange and green no name zoa and probably more

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Don't forget folks this is coming up in a few weeks!!! Make sure you get your frags cut and ready to go as soon as you can so they are stable and healthy when you bring them.

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you've never been to one of these, its a good time, and one of the biggest turn out meetings short of a major frag swap. Even if you don't have anything to trade, you should really plan on coming, I always bring extra, and don't ever remember anyone going home empty handed!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
ok i fibbed a bit its more like 3.5 weeks but make sure you are fragging now :p sorry Brain havent been using my brain lately :p

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
static reef;n637000 said:
Myself and a few SCMAS guys are planning on coming up for this. I will be bringing up some frags and will throw in a hallucination paly.
Look forward to seeing you guys.

Don't forget everyone, this is a week away!!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Ps. If you can't chime in on this thread yet or still please text me -3zero3 506 zero2one7

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Wasn't going to bring any frags. Then I decided to hack up the half melted pink birdsnest and ended up some other frags of green sponge ode, Cali tort, and a couple of others. Guess I'll bring a bunch.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya I wasn't gonna bring any either but accidentally fragged a giant plate off my starburst monti. Like will have others. Although mine will be up for grabs. I dont need anymore coral lol

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Fragged my Strawberry Fields Acro, Blue Tip Stag, and Emerald Acro!!! Might bring some Bi-Color Frog Spawn, Blasto's, and a couple other things once I start poking around in the frag tank. Don't miss this meeting, its as much fun as you can have in a tornado of frag swapping craziness.

Please, DON'T forget to DIP. No matter who you get it from, always dip and observe any new coral before you put it in your system!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Hmmmm maybe I should bring an Adonis frag to throw in this killer mix!

Getting EXCITED!!! 2 DAYS AWAY