Female clown has Popeye.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lights came on today and my female clown fish has Popeye. Looking for advice on what I can do to treat it. I am looking for a tank to set up as a quarantine as we speak. All help is appreciated.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'll be home in an hour I have more tanks than you can shake a stick at if you need to borrow one

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Bajamike;295106 said:
I'll be home in an hour I have more tanks than you can shake a stick at if you need to borrow one

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
Thay would be perfect. I'll let yiu know what we are thinking.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm beginning to think it is trauma related. If you look at the pic you can see a scratch to the inside of her eye.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've read you can treat with Epson salt if its trauma, no first hand exp though.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Josh, pop eye is not an easy fix. The treatment is going to depend on if its trauma or viral. Just becuase you see a scratch does not mean its trauma, once pop eye develops fish tend to "flash".

Ive never personally treated it, but my marble wrasse had it, I just left it be and it eventually went away on its own.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;295134 said:
Josh, pop eye is not an easy fix. The treatment is going to depend on if its trauma or viral. Just becuase you see a scratch does not mean its trauma, once pop eye develops fish tend to "flash".

Ive never personally treated it, but my marble wrasse had it, I just left it be and it eventually went away on its own.
Do you think I'd be better off just leaving it be? I was thinking of taking her out and medicating her over night or so and putting her back in. I don't want to take her out and kill her instead of making her better.