Find of a lifetime (WOW)

damontoy

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Saturday I went to the arc thrift store at Mississippi and Sable. In there, I seen a brand new acrylic 150 gallon tank and stand. I could see the tank was in immaculate and never seen water. I looked at the price tag and it read $450.00. I then seen next to the tank a refugium by lifereef with a in sump protein skimmer, a large sump by lifereef along with3 pumps a Marineland 5500, a supreme classic 1800 and a supreme classic 700. Keep in mind all this equipment is brand new, never been opened. I contacted the builder of the fuge and sump and he told me the price for those 2 peaces are valued at $1,250.00. It also came with a still packaged aquatic life RO system. This is there top of the line. It is all computerized. I have priced all for approximately $4,000.00. They (arc) obviously had no idea what they were selling. This brings me to my question. I would like to transfer current setup to the new one. I have had current tank running for about 5 YEARS. Can I use all the same stuff from current tank and move it over to the new tank to include the rock and sand. I have a large blonde naso and a queen angel. I want to make sure I don't jeopardize there life's. Please advise.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Find of a lifetime (WOW)

Set it up and take your time with a steal like that I would say buy new sand and rock let it cycle right.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
+1 on the new sand..... reusing sand (even rinsed) has crashed many tanks!!

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
+100000000 on new sand, DONT MAKE THE MISTAKE I DID!

Re using sand caused me half of my fish, I will never re use sand again

wow nice deal - I have come across quite a few steals at my ARC but never that awesome!