First planned build. Brandon's 170ish gallon reef.

I took a run by Rob's place (rmougey) and picked up one of the tanks he was selling on behalf of Gary's family. So I'll start off with a huge thanks to Rob for all the work he is putting in and for all of his patience with me. Anyways, I picked up this tank and have been working on plumbing it today and picking up supplies here and there. View attachment 13098 It is 72*18*30 with a 30ish gallon Amiricle 2 chamber sump that I will use one side for a skimmer and the other for LR and macroalgaes. View attachment 13101 I wanted to light it with 4 Ai sol blues, but because of budget constraints I will be using what I already have which is 3 AI sol blues and 1 Kessil Tuna Blue. The tank has a black canopy, but I don't feel like putting it on just for a quick picture, haha. I picked up some rock (some live/some dry) over the past few days and have the live stuff cycling in big plastic tub at the moment, the dry rock is just hanging out in the Styrofoam cooler. View attachment 13099 View attachment 13100 I have to sell a few fish but as soon as they sell I will be consolidating my 75 and 30 into this one tank. I plan on making the transfer over the next month and a half to try and prevent as many casualties as I can.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: First planned build. Brandon's 170ish gallon reef.

Wow nice tank, looks brand new!! Did you recently buff it or was it that clean already?

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
That's a beautiful tank, nice score! Great looking dry rock you got there too. ;)

Following along for sure.

CRW Reef;240880 said:
Wow nice tank, looks brand new!! Did you recently buff it or was it that clean already?
Thanks. There is some minor scratching, mostly on the back panel, but overall it was in really great shape, especially for the price. I just gave it a quick cleaning.

jahmic;240913 said:
That's a beautiful tank, nice score! Great looking dry rock you got there too. ;)

Following along for sure.
Haha. The rock really was a good score! :excitement: I would've gotten more if my budget permitted, but I have a little more coming tomorrow so I'll restrain myself for now.