Fish Room Build

B-Willz

Angel Fish
I finally got some time this weekend to start building the fish room. It is in the basement and will have a frag tank 40b, sump 90g, and plumbed upstairs to the DT, currently a 55g but will soon be a 90g. Here are some pics to get it started.

View attachment 2120

View attachment 2119
Getting started clearing things out of the way.
View attachment 2118
Painted the wall.
View attachment 2121
Getting framing together.

I should have the glass for the sump tomorow and will get that glued in. Then it is on to the plumbing.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
great idea with the recliner ...just missing a beer fridge!

B-Willz

Angel Fish
HAHA, I actually have a mini fridge going in as well. My wife hates it that I keep fish stuff in the main fridge. So beer and phyto it is. I also had an old 5.1 surround sound system laying around so that is going in too.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
another mountain dew in the pic ...i better see a beer by time the paint is done ...lol

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks pretty freaking sweet man!!!

rockys_pride;91378 said:
I'm jealous, I want a fish room. Great choice to put it by the window, that way you can crack it to keep co2 buildup and humidity to a minimum

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
I own my house and I still don't have my own fish room lol!

I am thinking of getting the SWC 180 skimmer that is at Elite. I have not seen many reviews on them. Any of you run them?

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have the 230 which is the same basic design just bigger. I have not run it yet as I am still in the middle of my never ending build. Obviously I cant say alot about the performance yet but I can say that the construction and design from an engineers perspective is pretty impressive. Based on others testimonials I have no doubt that bang for the buck you will be most pleased.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have one and love it. (hint-hint) MAKE SURE TO TALK TO C.J. personally and let him know you are from here before you go in and buy it...did I mention to MAKE SURE YOU TALK TO C.J.....

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
:music: I run the 160 I think it is, and love it. Dont know if anyone told you but MAKE SURE YOU TALK TO CJ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehehehe :cigar:

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
pssst...C.J...ask for him by name....

Just got the the glass for the sump today. Is there a certain hight the middle pane in the bubble trap or does it really matter?

120greefman

I have always placed mine 2-3" higher than the others. Don't know why I have done it that way but it works fine. You could check melevs reef on sump builds to see if he has any rational behind it.