Fish suggestions

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am thinking I want to add a fish or two someday to my reef tank. It will be a couple months before this happens due to finances but what would you suggest....

I would like something decent sized and bright. Yellows or oranges or maybe even red.

Current stock is:
1 Yellow Tang
1 Kole Tang
1 Mel Wrasse
1 Xmas Wrasse
1 Sixline Wrasse
1 Cherub Angel
2 Occ Clowns
1 Var Rabbitfish (probably moving to FOWLR)

90g tank with another 90g plumbed into it with 4 fish and 30g sump. 210g total water volume. I may move the 90 reef into the 125g and use my 55g tank for sump if I can't sell it.

What say you?

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Fish suggestions

I would add some anthias,blennys,gobies

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Fish suggestions

andynco;225127 said:
Oops I forgot I also have a bicolor blenny in that tank.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Fish suggestions

A herd of fire fish

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Fish suggestions

I had about 6 in my 90 and it made the take really look alive they would school together

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Fish suggestions

303travism;225137 said:
I had about 6 in my 90 and it made the take really look alive they would school together
That's sounds awesome to have a school of firefish:)

And sorry for the hijack:)

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Fish suggestions

a bag of it;225235 said:
School of 5+ cardinals would be cool.

Black cap basslet or golden assessors are cool too
I will have to look those two up. I like the schooling ideas.

303travism;225134 said:
A herd of fire fish
A "herd" of them would look cool. I worry about the lifespan of firefish though.

andynco;225127 said:
I really like anthias. Never have had them. How is their temperment with other fish?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Fish suggestions

I really like anthias. Never have had them. How is their temperment with other fish?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1[/QUOTE]

I don't think they will chase other fish. Besides the male will chase females.

Vance

Angel Fish
IMHO Im with you watercolors, i don't think a shoal of firefish would last long term in an aquarium. They only school as juveniles and i think you would just end up with two pairs on opposite sides of the tank. If you want a school I give a +1 to cardinals, just as long as its not banggai's (another one that schools as juveniles and them pairs off from the group), or flames (little b@$t@#ds are evil). I'm planning on adding a shoal of 15 or so blue eye or thread fins as the showfish in my tank. Anthias are also great fish, very passive non aggressive, little touchy with feeding (need multiple feedings a day), but overall great fish, just make sure that there are no sub-males in your harem for your male or they will be excluded from the group.

Basslets are awesome fish great fish bold but not aggressive, royal gramma has always been one of my favorites, have you seen a group of chalk bass? Very catchy. And assessors are great if you can afford them, love when they swim upside down.

Not sure how they would react with you sixline or Christmas wasses but have you seen a harem and male of flasher wrasses? Phenomenal courting display and one of the more passive wrasses, more timid than fairy's.

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Fish suggestions

Christmas wrasse's are bad a** I have one he darts around all day out in the open.
He's a pic of him