Frag rack depth

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
If I get a bunch of new frags at once I start the rack low and then creep it up over the course of a few weeks. It gets a little trickier if I have some frags in the rack, and then buy a few more. I think I decided in that case I just start everyone back at the bottom. Then sometimes if I buy just one frag I won't use the rack at all, I just stick it in the sand and then slowly bring it up the rock work if I have a good idea about where I want to place it. My general idea though is to start the frags low and bring them up slowly.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
My is at the bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
4-6 inches. I want as much growth and color as possible to look for any kind of pests.

I just throw the frags to the wolves under the Radiums - they nearly always do fine. I don't buy many LED SPS frags anymore, but when I did I had to keep them on the edges for a few weeks or else they would usually die with all of the light.

For context, pretty much all that I keep is SPS and a few zoas and some high end mushrooms - all of which can handle the 500-600+ PAR being so shallow.