Frag tank out of scraps

So Im staring at at an entire basement full of all the random tanks pumps lights etc
Thinking I might have an easy frag tank set up just out of scraps.
So heres the list lemme know if it sounds decent

Tank options are endless but I have a 20g long that seems like it would be perfect. Shallow long and in good shape.
Eggcrate light diffuser the white plastic stuff. Got piles of this from setting up my cichlid tanks last year.
A not so awesome overflow box in decent working order but missing the U.
An empty 10g tank
About 20 panes of glass with an unopened glass cutter sitting on top of em
Several tubes of aq safe sillycone
Several pieces of plywood and some nice pine 1x2 to make a little canopy.
And 2 retro kits for 65w pc. Think all the bulbs are too old aside from the one I replaced last month after a 10k blew. For new bulbs in a frag tank what would be best? 50/50s? I should be able to squeeze all 4 lights in there.
My reflector is old and dirte but I think cleanable and cuttable to size.
Several powerheads and a 700gph return pump

So only thing I can see as missing would be a heater and skimmer, but would I even need a skimmer for a frag tank? Have never run one and cant see the need for it.

So perks if I do build this it will be a basement tank which means auto top off, and possibly finally being able to run kalk in an ato.

Concerns I have for this set up, is 65w x4 PC enough for a grow out tank? The 20g is such a shallow footprint seems ok to me but would love advice.

For the frag racks I could build a nice stair case and have a high and medium flow area, but Im worried about compatibility. Would like to skip massive chem warfare. I love softies and would like to grow out some zoas as well. not brave enough for sps yet.

Is a 20g too small to do this? I have an *** ton of other tanks, but no 30/40 breeders which would be ideal.

Cant think of much else to consider, but then again its 1am and I been up since 5am yesterday. So prolly forgetting something.