Getting back in! Fort Collins

Hi names Merlin. I just found this place and hope to find some fellow reefers in my area to trade frags with. I keep planted tanks and had to sell my last reef tank when I moved from New Orleans. I'm originally from New Mexico and the Northwest but I've lived all over the place. I just got back into reefs with a sweet Craigslist AIO tank with a bunch of nice equipment and I'm super excited to start collecting some nice corals. I'll try and see if I can load a picture or two of my tanks.

Hey man welcome to the group it was nice to meet u the other day.. those tanks were awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice to meet you too! You have an awesome reef in the making. Thanks for the frags everything made it into my tank and they all look awesome. So back to our discussion on overpriced fish stores. I just happened to be down in Lakewood and checked out Stone aquatics. If you haven't been there yet it's one of the best I've seen in Colorado so far. It's warehouse size and the prices are fantastic. Definitely worth a trip.

Vilkkomen. Sir. Couple crazies live up ur way so youll be in good hands. Charlie is a great guy (haddonis reef) got a few pieces of equipment from him. He's in Greeley. Looks like you met Rigo. He sold me a light and is a cool dude. Im in Lakewold but if ya need anything let me know. I only have LPS though but lots of Chaeto, Dragons tounge, other macro. Good luck

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I figure I better post a picture of my current reef setup. I just picked up this 24gal from a super awesome guy down in boulder. It was setup for 2 years with a very nice set of equipment. The only thing I need now is a dosing pump and a vortech MP10. I already found a good deal on the vortech but I still need to do some research on dosing pumps. My last reef was running a GHL profilux doser for three part but it looks like the markets exploded with options so it might take a while to narrow it down. Please forgive the ugly pump in the pictures I'm anxiously awaiting that MP10. Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Timnem 70 I'm going to PM you about that Macro algae I only have chaeto and would love some other types.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Very nice and :welcome:. I think you are in the right spot ;)

Thanks SynDen! Here's a few more pictures. Is it possible to post larger higher resolution photo's or video anyone? I'm sure there's a sticky on here somewhere I'll find it.

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome... We are in FoCo too. Let us know if you need anything.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
4roaming;n669831 said:
Thanks SynDen! Here's a few more pictures. Is it possible to post larger higher resolution photo's or video anyone? I'm sure there's a sticky on here somewhere I'll find it.
image size limit is set at 1200pxx1200px. make any image dimension equal, or lesser then 1200 and you can upload them directly into the post like so ;)

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Welcome! It looks like you're off to a good start. It looks like you will have some great things to come from your old builds!

JZinCO

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey. That former tank looks amazing. I have a softie tank but if you need macroalgae, let me know.

Thanks JZ! Nice to see someone in town. I'd love to get some macro algae from you. I have some green nepthia/sinularia(?) or an extra rose bubble tip if you want to trade. Let me know

JZinCO

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
4roaming that's a nice gesture. I replied to your PM, those sound like things I'd love to have in my tank :).

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Hey welcome! Nice to see those halides above your old spa tank! I'm in Greeley near Charlie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk