Goniopora

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Anyone have these? I've had mine in my tank for about 7 months and its retracted and been like this for a couple of days now. I've read that they sometimes just wither to nothing and then come back. What are other peoples experience with them?

I had good success with a ORA red one for years until I solt my whole system. Probably not a good sign the retraction but you know corals. Do you feed it?

I bought a green and red goniopora the same day the green one did good for about a month and just died slowly out of no where but my red goniopora tripled in size and is still thriving

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea I feed it probably once a week. Or did until it started doing this.

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
My green one did the same thing, it was near my red and I'm going with chemical war fair.

So far it has been like that for about a month and the tentacles are slowly starting to come back out. FYI, I've not seeing any of the flesh recede.

I got mine from aquatic art and they have been growing that particular one for a very long time. A while back they had an issue with the mother colony and some chemical war fair. Thiers took a few months, but it came back.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
That's good to hear. I'll just leave him be and see how he does within a month.

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think most of the wild caughts are rental corals. They will hang in for up to a year but eventually die. I went with a red ORA because I love them and and it went from a golf ball to a softball in a couple of years. I don't actively feed mine anything.

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
fiji4118;n640118 said:
I think most of the wild caughts are rental corals. They will hang in for up to a year but eventually die. I went with a red ORA because I love them and and it went from a golf ball to a softball in a couple of years. I don't actively feed mine anything.
I've also got a red ORA, the frag is a golf ball size, but the when the tentacles are out it is about softball size. Thinking about getting rid of it because my anemone and it are going to start having fights.

So many corals, so little space.

Jeremiah;n640148 said:
I've also got a red ORA, the frag is a golf ball size, but the when the tentacles are out it is about softball size. Thinking about getting rid of it because my anemone and it are going to start having fights.

So many corals, so little space.
If you decide to sell it let me know. I've always wanted another ORA red goni, they're beautiful.