Good deal? 80 gallon rimless

jbanman14

Cleaner Shrimp
Hey,

I was looking for an 80 gallon shallow reef rimless. I came across a vendor in the springs that sells Aquarium Masters tanks. The prices seem good but was hoping the collection of knowledge here could help. I am interested in 2 of them. Both rimless 80 gallon (48 x 24 x 16) reef ready (2 holes in bottom) and black silicone. One is normal glass ($275) and the other is Opti-pure ($380) glass on the front panel only. 2 questions.

Is this a good price, i wont need the tank for a bit but hate to pass up a good deal?

Is Opti-pure (starphire like) really worth the extra money? Does it really make coral look considerable better or just a better representation of reality?

Thanks for any advice.
J

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Send a PM to Sctip, I was at his place over the weekend and I beleive he said that was where he got his frag tank from. Looked real nice to me......but he's the one who lives with it day in and day out.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I would say that either is a great price for a drilled rimless 80g. Dont know about the Opti-pure specifically, but saw this online
http://goldbergbrothers.com/wp-conte...iPure-Spec.pdf

From what I have read, Both Starphire and Opti-pure are low iron glasses too, so likely very similar. From what I can tell though Opti pure touts its colorlessness with reduced reflectivity, where as Starphire is all about trying to be as clear as acrylic. Both likely will make the tank and corals look much better then standard glass

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
You might troll the scmas forum as they had a big group buy from deep blue and many of them got rimless frag tanks that they're now getting rid of. I picked up a 60 frag reef ready rimless from one of the guys for $100 last year.

It takes more computing power to do 1 search of Google than it did to send Apollo 11 to the moon.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Have you seen what the Grand Prize is for ReefED yet? It just happens to be a 80 rimless with an amazing stand :) You could win it this Saturday!!!