Got Sugar Gliders?

SquidBreath

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey all!
Had a tough time trying to decide where to post this.
Knowing that many of my fellow reefers are animal lovers and lovers of exotics, I want to ask...
Anyone on the forums here also keep Sugar Gliders?
Have recently gotten into Gliders and was trying to network with other people in Colorado. (Needed more fuzzballs to keep me company while I finish this 120)
Happy reefing all!
....and....Glider-ing...if applicable.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had a couple of friends who owned sugar gliders. I my self used to own ferrets and a hedgehog.

Congrats on the gliders! I have kept two that turned into four :)
Gliders are A LOT of work. They are nocturnal animals that really are active. They like to get out and "play" as well. They are extremely curious and social animals. I advise you to line the area where their cage is with plastic. The fling around food and fecal matter. They are very messy critters.
From a social aspect, they need a lot of attention. They will "bond" with their owners and develop trust. But this takes hours of interaction and consistency. Be prepared for some bites along the way. They are very stubborn critters. They develop a bond by scent. As with water changes, keep up on cage cleanings. The smell will escalate quickly ;)
Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. They are awesome critters but do require a lot of time and attention! Good luck!