Great white shark diving

I know that this is a board for reef discussion but I did want to share a recent experience of mine. I have been an avid scuba diver for the past eight years or so. That is one of the reasons I am a reef keeper. I am able to bring my own little piece of the ocean into my living room. In addition to the reef, I love diving with the big animals of the ocean. This past summer I was fortunate enough to go on a trip that allowed me to enter the world of the ocean's apex predator. This was both a cage and out of cage experience. To this day, I struggle to put the overall experience into words. You really know how small you are in the world after coming face to face with an animal that has been around for over 400 million years. These are very shy, particular, curious, methodical creatures. And at the same time they are beautiful, majestic, fearless, and powerful. Anyway, I just wanted to share some footage I shot from my encounters. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. I can also be found at Aquamart five days a week. Enjoy!
[video=youtube;uVJmmbhiwGQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVJmmbhiwGQ&feature=g-crec[/video]

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

280g-reefman

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thats amazing how they appear out of nowhere practically when swimming up towards you. I also loved the super close up, would of freaked me out even in a cage.

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
no words!

so when is AM getting a few of those on order?

Thanks man...I don't have any words for the experience either. Truly amazing. And there was little to no fear on my part. They are very cautious creatures. When they attack, they go after something they have been stalking and definitely are curious about.

HA HA Dave! One of these animals has never been kept in captivity. Monterrey tried but it wilted away and suffered. One of many questions regarding the animal.

daverf;208604 said:
no words!

so when is AM getting a few of those on order?