Greetings!

Hello fellow enthusiasts!

My name is Matt and I have been out of the hobby for about 8 years now. I have a two year old daughter and want to get my tank set up again (26 gallon bow front) so she can enjoy it.

I used to be a member of the Rocky Mountain Reef Club, but it appears that club has been defunct for some time now. I found this club through some internet research and thought I'd join and introduce myself.

I look forward to getting back into the hobby and meeting others who enjoy the hobby as well.

Sincerely,

Matt Murray

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Welcome back, eight years is a long time. Don't worry about asking questions as a lot has changed in equipment. The fundamentals are still there though.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thank you very much! Once I dust off all my old equipment I'll definitely be asking some questions. I'm still pretty confident in the chemistry, but may need some new setup advice.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
:welcome: I'm sure there are a few RMRC guys lurking around here ;)

MatteoCU;n665853 said:
Hello fellow enthusiasts!

My name is Matt and I have been out of the hobby for about 8 years now. I have a two year old daughter and want to get my tank set up again (26 gallon bow front) so she can enjoy it.

I used to be a member of the Rocky Mountain Reef Club, but it appears that club has been defunct for some time now. I found this club through some internet research and thought I'd join and introduce myself.

I look forward to getting back into the hobby and meeting others who enjoy the hobby as well.

Sincerely,

Matt Murray
Hi Matt,
Welcome back! What brings you back?
Now you can do your hobby together with your daughter, i am sure that she will like it ;)
What is her favorite fish?

Zhenya

Zhenya,

Now that my daughter is almost two we watched Finding Nemo and Finding Dory together. She is in love with those movies and watching them made me miss having my tank around. I used to sit in front of my tank instead of the TV. I want that for her and I want to instill in her the same love and respect for the natural world that I have.

She loves Dory, but there's no way I can keep a tang in my 26 gallon. I'll definitely have clownfish, which I know she'll love. I'll also let her pick out a fish for herself; maybe a goby or wrasse.

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome to the club Matt. Check out BrsTV on YouTube. They built a 160 and walked thru every step of the process. It'll also show you a lot of the new equipment and just a very informational series.