Happy 4:20!

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Bulldog;161372 said:
I support the right to put it to a vote. I dont support the right for the rally, thats a waste of tax money. What you do in your own home is up to you as long as its not putting a burden on anyone else.
And I agree.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Currently, you can get your red card in the state, but if you pop hot you're still fired for illegal narcotics. Doesn't matter that the state allows it, it's the federal law that will get you in trouble.

I'm purely seeing the taxation benifits though.

rockys_pride;161393 said:
Currently, you can get your red card in the state, but if you pop hot you're still fired for illegal narcotics. Doesn't matter that the state allows it, it's the federal law that will get you in trouble.

I'm purely seeing the taxation benifits though.
Plus all the money saved on enforcement!

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Bulldog;161354 said:
Im with you! Another waste of my tax dollars! To each their own I guess:uncomfortableness:
Really? You do know that Colorado used mmj money to get it self out of a debt right so in reality you tax dollars got helped out not abused and also mmj money is being.used to fund shcools that your tax dollars could not like more poor areas.....also mmj money is now being used to fund some homeless shelters.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

SteveT

Butterfly Fish
Bulldog;161372 said:
I support the right to put it to a vote. I dont support the right for the rally, thats a waste of tax money. What you do in your own home is up to you as long as its not putting a burden on anyone else.
The right to rally around a cause is a basic human right and it is garanteed in the constituion. What I believe is a waste of tax dollars is imprisoning millions of Americans for a non violent, victimless "crime". If you truly believe in the right to do whatever you want in the privacy of your own home, while not effecting anyone else, I would think you would support a rally to remove the immoral law that prevents us from doing that. Contrary to what a lot of people believe, the 4:20 rally's are not just about getting stoned. It's about fighting against this immoral law. There as been nothing but negative that has come out of the drug wars. I strongly suggest that those who are opposed do some more research o. The matter before forming such a strong opinion.

SteveT;161423 said:
The right to rally around a cause is a basic human right and it is garanteed in the constituion. What I believe is a waste of tax dollars is imprisoning millions of Americans for a non violent, victimless "crime". If you truly believe in the right to do whatever you want in the privacy of your own home, while not effecting anyone else, I would think you would support a rally to remove the immoral law that prevents us from doing that. Contrary to what a lot of people believe, the 4:20 rally's are not just about getting stoned. It's about fighting against this immoral law. There as been nothing but negative that has come out of the drug wars. I strongly suggest that those who are opposed do some more research o. The matter before forming such a strong opinion.
+1

sent from my EVO 4G using tapatalk

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
If you think, with the laws written the way they are, it is a victimless crime you are not being very thought full. I am not sure where I stand on changing the laws but I do that it is not a victimless crime. If it is legalized and taxed and controlled It would probably become victimless. Like I said, I am not sure where I stand not the way thighs are many people are suffering, gang wars in Mexico for instance. Booz is probably more dangerous than pot... And legalizing it did help with a lot of crime surrounding it. More complex issue than many people give credit. Mostly knee jerk reactions on both sides IMO. What is good for me now, rather than what is good for all long term.

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
You can't say victimless look at liquor stores it is legal but they still get robbed every day you can't argue that everything has a victims even food stirs get robbed that's human ppl will be broke nothing you can do. But if we went legal less taxes would be spent on ppl that wana get medicated

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I was simply using liquor as an example of a drug that was legalized and the crime surrounding it's illegal distribution was gone. Crime all together will never disappear, that's not a reason to get rid of laws.

I agree that the rally started as a legitimate(for some) cause. The problem is that like most things it has evolved into a reason for many to get high in public. Because of this a lot of effort and money has to be put forth to see that it remains safe and somewhat controlled. I dont support tax money being used for such efforts. As for people that want to get "medicated" I'm all for it. But just like the rally people are taking advantage of it. I do not support people that are lying about their health so they can legally possess.

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
michael.lemke;161444 said:
I do largely agree with legalization, just saying that it is a complex issue.
Very lol

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Bulldog;161447 said:
I agree that the rally started as a legitimate(for some) cause. The problem is that like most things it has evolved into a reason for many to get high in public. Because of this a lot of effort and money has to be put forth to see that it remains safe and somewhat controlled. I dont support tax money being used for such efforts. As for people that want to get "medicated" I'm all for it. But just like the rally people are taking advantage of it. I do not support people that are lying about their health so they can legally possess.
The same could be said about any religion, or race if all we looked at was the worst possible example.
There are good and bad in all walks of life, we should not allow the lowest detonator to bring the entire equation down.
There is money spent on enforcing a law that can never be won, imprisoning individuals who would never break any other law.
vs.
Money already generated and earmarked for the future management and maintenance of our state, freeing law enforcement to pursue actual crime, making the state a safer place.
I dont understand the other side at all, I say take beer away for one week from everyone who would vote against the bill, and see what they say after.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wicked Demon;161483 said:
The same could be said about any religion, or race if all we looked at was the worst possible example.
There are good and bad in all walks of life, we should not allow the lowest detonator to bring the entire equation down.
There is money spent on enforcing a law that can never be won, imprisoning individuals who would never break any other law.
vs.
Money already generated and earmarked for the future management and maintenance of our state, freeing law enforcement to pursue actual crime, making the state a safer place.
I dont understand the other side at all, I say take beer away for one week from everyone who would vote against the bill, and see what they say after.
Genius!!!

SAZAMA

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I heard that dui's in denver have been way down since the introduction of mmj from one of my buddies who is in law enforcement, and from personal experience I will say that stoners are easier to deal with then drunks...but I will say that I think it should be kept in YOUR own home.

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
It should be treated just like a liquor laws you drink at home if you get caught outside you get ticketed.

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
SAZAMA;161502 said:
I heard that dui's in denver have been way down since the introduction of mmj from one of my buddies who is in law enforcement
Negative (with a caveat)

I will not go too in depth on this topic. However, the naivety in believing this is a "victimless crime" is just that, naivety. Just ask the child or adult who grew up with an alcoholic parent. Just ask the mamed and dead due to DUI's and DUID's. DUID's have skyrocketed, which could have in theory, lowered the amount of DUI's just based on manpower dealing with the exponential increase in DUID's.

As far as money being "spent on enforcing a law that can never be won"...you could argue that for almost any law. Enforcing laws against hard drugs will never be "won." Unless I interpreted this statement incorrectly, enforcing any law will never be "won" because people will always continue to violate them.

SteveT;161423 said:
What I believe is a waste of tax dollars is imprisoning millions of Americans for a non violent, victimless "crime".
I can assure you, people aren't being inprisoned for violations of MMJ laws unless they have some extenuating/lengthy criminal histories, then they should by all rights. Hell, even if you commit a felony violation you won't be imprisoned. This topic/issue just becomes a slippery slope for our society, IMHO.