Hello from Denver

I have been lurking for awhile now and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Brad. I am new to the reef side of things but have been aquariuming in one form or another for quite some time. My current setup:

75 gallon with
2 AI Sol's and controller
RKL with lunar module, 2 power strips, and input probe module with PH monitor
approx. 100 lbs live rock
approx. 100 lbs sand
yellow tang
6 line wrasse
2 black juvenile clowns
sifting goby
midas blenny
zoas galore (orange bam bams, sunny d, candy apple, tubs blue, hulk, plus more)
pulsing zenia
several types chalice
mushrooms
toadstool
colorado sunburst nem

No questions yet, but may have some in the future. Hoping to find some local meetings to meet people in the hobby.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome, and +1 to pics.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome.. What kinda chalices you got?

Where are the pic, we like pics.

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

not the greatest pics, just off my phone, but here are some pics of the corals. My phone really doesn't do any of these justice...the colors are amazing on most of the zoas...but sadly my phone really doesn't capture the colors properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have had mixed success. I have 2 AI's, the first one I purchased was great no problems at all. The second one I have had nothing but problems with. The fan runs all the time, after contacting their help department they claim this is normal although my original doesn't run all the time. My new one also randomly goes into some power save mode where it dims a lot and I have to power cycle it. I don't know if I just got a lemon on the second one or what...the power intensity is great though. I have only had the tank up and running since October but I see great coral growth, the zoas are reproducing at an alarming rate :) I also have seen great chalice growth. I have been running them at 70% only and everyone appears happy...I am planning to up the intensity as a few palys are starting to extend a bit but no color loss or anything drastic. Possibly bad placement on my part being an amateur.