Hello! New to Colorado & New to Reefing

Hey Guys & Gals!

First off let me say, I'm so glad I found the MASC to help feed my aquarium hobby. I hope to meet bunches of great folks & give/take as much information about reefing as possible.

Anyways, I'm a recent transplant to the Denver area\for a new job! I love it here! Before I moved I had a whopping 16 aquariums under my care keeping everything from Dwarf Shrimp to my beloved MBU Puffer (all FW), when I moved I liquidated everything! Everything except my breeding group of L134 plecs, which I moved along with me ( oh the stories) :cool:. Knowing it wouldn't be too long before I got another aquarium I started cruising the interweb for the best LFS and local aquarium forums. Soon enough I found the MASC, and have been lurking here a couple months soaking up all the info.

Fast forward to this past weekend, I got some birthday $ in the post and thought it would be an opportune time to start my very first SW setup. FYI, I love nano setups... Filled it with water this past saturday 2/9/13!

Setup Includes:

Fluval Spec V
Fluval ~80gph pump (stock)
Hydor ~300gph pump (upgraded 2nd pump, installed on 2nd outlet)
50w heater
Panorama Pro X2: Wht/Blu
Koralia Nano 240gph
Aragonite
Live rock from LFS

So far, I'm in the midst of cycling this tank. In an attempt to ease the cycle I'm dosing Seachem Stabiltiy daily. Any suggestions or comments are much appreciated. I know you guys & gals love the pics, so I'll make sure to post some up later this evening.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Hello! New to Colorado & New to Reefing

Welcome fellow addict! I at one time had 14 tanks and a paladarium going along with a 12'x16' aviary in my basement for parrots....I know your "pain". LOL

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome. Be sure and start a build thread so we can watch your build unfold. Also post lots of pics.

Oh, and remember, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

welcome to the darkside!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to Colorado and to the saltwater side of the aquarium hobby. I have 13 tanks, two of them freshwater including two true blue eye plecos. You picked a good time to come to CO and to SW, as we are having one of the largest marine aquarium events in the country coming up in a few short weeks. Hope to see you at ReefStock!
http://www.facebook.com/events/301507913299653/

coralite;225000 said:
Welcome to Colorado and to the saltwater side of the aquarium hobby. I have 13 tanks, two of them freshwater including two true blue eye plecos. You picked a good time to come to CO and to SW, as we are having one of the largest marine aquarium events in the country coming up in a few short weeks. Hope to see you at ReefStock!
http://www.facebook.com/events/301507913299653/
Definitely going to Reefstock, its like 5 min from from my casa. + I hope to add some cool inverts and maybe some beginner corals by then aswell. :cool:

BTW, I'm hoping to post a build thread on my nano setup sometime this weekend.

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hello! New to Colorado & New to Reefing

I am always a day late and a dollar short. Welcome to the $Pit hobby

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Last edited by a moderator: