Help identifying this Anemone.

marinediehard

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member

LFS said it is a Rose Bubble tip. I thought they my be wrong. It looked like a Sunburst. Now that it is in my tank and under the LEDs. It looks even more like a sunburst. What does everyone think.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
To even hazard a guess, I'd need a much better picture. Sunbursts have bright yellow tips. Rainbows don't.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You cannot mistake a sunburst. Some rainbows have yellow tips too. There are lots of sunbursts listed on this site by hobbyists that are actually rainbows. It is hard. Technically, sunbursts have lineage back to the original from Colorado years back.

It might not even be a rose if it was wild caught. I have one that is perfectly clear with white spots and bright red tips - it looked a lot like a rose when it was fresh from the ocean.

jda123;280238 said:
You cannot mistake a sunburst. Some rainbows have yellow tips too. There are lots of sunbursts listed on this site by hobbyists that are actually rainbows. It is hard. Technically, sunbursts have lineage back to the original from Colorado years back.

It might not even be a rose if it was wild caught. I have one that is perfectly clear with white spots and bright red tips - it looked a lot like a rose when it was fresh from the ocean.
That's true the Sunburst had its heritage here in Colorado by an old reefer I believe his name was Patrick. Again years ago "Rose Anemones" that were not a nice red coloration by the distributors was considered a B Grade and many still do today too. I still find some very interesting colored B Grade Rose Anemones!