help me! I F'd up

SAZAMA

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I raised my alk from 9.5 to 14 dkh, in a matter of min. ooops dosed the wrong one. I then added some more cal. because I know that will drop it, Is there anything else you guru's know that I can do. I am all preped for two %15 Wc in the next twelve hours. Oh man I'll be praying

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hmmmm,
You grow corals far better than I do but the only thing I'd be worried about at this point is the pH change that occurred. If the pH didn't rise more than
.2, I wouldn't worry that much. But I'm a coral killer! ;)
Good luck Tony....hope everything turns out ok.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
wow can you get your corals in a smaller tank tub ....use half your tank water and half your wc as soon as you have enough available

SAZAMA

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
aaron, how soon can I use brand new salt h2o, I have always waited at least 12 hours but what is the absolute fastest?

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I use mine in about 1/2 hour-an hour, never really leave it too long like you guys do.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It is worse to change the alk back and forth a bunch of times rather than just the slight increase you just did.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
seems to me that it is a big deal but i would say aaron knows more than me ....good luck with it

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
All depends on how stuff looks now, if the coral is out and happy I wouldn't mess with it too much, the polyps (especially SPS and zoas) will be good indicators.

SAZAMA

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
dude, everything looks as good or better than it has ever. I don't know what the hell to do????
It is finals week I been all stressed out this just adds it all up. I plan to do a 5g wc tomorrow, but I am as worried about the dose, as I am to lower it very fast.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
wicked demon;90085 said:
I use mine in about 1/2 hour-an hour, never really leave it too long like you guys do.
Same here