Help Pricing System

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
My brother in law is interested in selling his saltwater setup. I am not selling this for him, I am just trying to establish what a fair market price is for him. Currently we are not even in the same ballpark, we're not even playing the same sport. So how much would you pay if you were looking to get into the hobby, get your feet wet, and get an up and running system? Opinions? Details:

I helped him get this up and running in March 2014, it was an upgrade to a "slightly" larger tank. Now he wants out completely.

So this is a 46gal bowfront, with a custom cedar hood that he bent to match the curve of the tank. The stand has a matching cedar top, and then an oak (I believe) cabinet. The tank is currently up and running with some livestock, live rock, crushed coral base, no corals. FOWLR.

I drilled the tank and added a Bean Animal overflow witch currently drains to the sump in their basement. Sump is ~40 gallons with 3 chambers. Return pump is an Iwaki MD-70rlt if I remember correctly, currently pumping at about 15 ~ 17 feet of head pressure. New Reef Octopus skimmer (NWB-110) in March. Has ATO (JBJ), RODI (with pressure pump), and water storage tank.

The lighting is TaoTronics Japanese LED's. He has 2 of the units, but I believe only 1 is currently running and 1 is probably all that is necessary. The other light is NIB. Here are the lights on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics®-T...TF8&qid=1414689638&sr=1-1&keywords=taotronics

Some pics:

View attachment 21604 View attachment 21605 View attachment 21606 View attachment 21607 View attachment 21608