Hey Colorado

everyone we are planning on moving out to Co in may of 2013 and just kind of seeing what the saltwater forums and stores are like out here so any feed back would be great. A little about me now we have a 220 gal mixed reef with a 75gal sump with a custom skimmer that will soon be replaced with a custom build ATS that I am finishing as we speak. We also have a 72 bow front sps tank. I have been in the saltwater hobby for about 9 years and my wife has been in it not by choice since we met but our 2 kids love watching the tanks and fish and know most of the fish in the tank. I am also put of the BOD of our local fish forum TCMAS. I would love hearing about the stores and about everything that Colorado has to offer saltwater related. Also wondering how big and active are the clubs in the area. Nate

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Welcome, welcome. Im Chad I am the one who recommend you to here from smasc forum. You will find that we have an awesome local reef club and prob the best in the country :) after all it is Colorado lol. Anyway don't hesitate to ask if you need anything as I am certain you'll find what your looking for.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Welcome and glad you found MASC. There are quite a few LFS and local coral vendors in the metro area (Just check out our sponsor page!). What part of town are you moving too?

we arent sure where we will end up out there we were thinking either denver or colorado springs but its not set in stone still looking at houses online.i have a friend who lives in buena vista co and he loves it there but the housing prices are pretty high there so we are looking for something cheaper. I will be out in co for a hunting trip in oct and will most likely be looking for houses then to and maybe if i have time check out a few stores in the area but thats a huge maybe cause we need a placed to live first. so if anyone has a suggestion on the good nieborhoods and the bad it would greatly help us out. thanks nate

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome. This is a great place to be for a group of people that'll do what they can to help you out. Hope that you find us worthy to keep visiting. Let us know when you move and some of us might be able to help with getting the tank moved into your new place if you need it.

im sure that i will need help moving the tank into the new house it was a pain to move it the first time at a lite 380lbs dry. it did some reading on the forums and it sounds like its just as big a club as were im at now if not bigger.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Are you relocating due to jobs moving? Or just a change in scenery?

Both. I work for a company that has shops all over the country and the wife and I went on vacation to California and drove through CO and fell in love with it I been there 5 or 6 times and it gets harder to leave everytime I go so we figured we would just move out there.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
What company do you work for? I imagine it would be best to be close to your work. Aurora is a nice area. Near e-470 and smoky hill. Your basically 30 min less from castle rock about an hr or so from the springs.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
You just want another reefer close to you. lol