Holding corals to ship

Hi guys!

Kind of bummed I just found out about this forum, but it is what it is, lol. I'm moving out of state in a few weeks and am trying to plan the best way to move my tank. I don't want to sell everything and restart, so I'm trying to figure it all out.

I think shipping the corals to myself would be best for them. I wanted to know if anybody knew anyone or any store that would be able to hold my corals and then ship them to me. I've got a 25-gallon tank, so it's not too big.

Figured I'd ask. Thanks!!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Personally with that small of a tank, I would just move everything in 5g buckets, add airstone with battery operated air pump, and you should be good. You can wrap with blankets if you think they might get cold but temps right now are pretty agreeable, so should be fine unless the trip is going to take more then 24hr. Even then it wouldnt be hard to keep the buckets going for quite a while as you get the tank set up and ready again.
If you really must ship them then either Aquatic Art, Biggs Lagoon or Keepin' it reef could help you out with that

Personally with that small of a tank, I would just move everything in 5g buckets, add airstone with battery operated air pump, and you should be good. You can wrap with blankets if you think they might get cold but temps right now are pretty agreeable, so should be fine unless the trip is going to take more then 24hr. Even then it wouldnt be hard to keep the buckets going for quite a while as you get the tank set up and ready again.
If you really must ship them then either Aquatic Art, Biggs Lagoon or Keepin' it reef could help you out with that
Yeah, I'm driving to FL and it's over 24 hours. Kind of sucks, lol. I'll reach out to those guys and see what they say. Thank you!!