Hot Tub

Well, after rebuilding my 1994 HotSprings Jetsetter, we have decided we want something bigger. Anyone have an old tub sitting in the backyard that they don't want? I would prefer another cheap/free one. It's 100% ok if it needs work or leaks.

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a cal spas hot tub, seats 8, needs work. Pump works and just had a leak by the pump, cosmetics of the wood are a little rough- free for the taking:)

It's a 1994 HotSprings Jetsetter, 2-3 Person. Just replaced the MotoMassage Jet ($125), put in a rebuilt pump/motor. The cabinet was painted, and it looks good. It's not perfect, the drain valve needs to be replaced, because the old one started to leak, but it's sealed, so it won't leak now. I just drain it by syphon. It's very energy efficient, it costs probably $15 a month to run in the winter. The cover needs to be replaced, but the current one works, no holes, and doesn't let water in. It was blown off by the wind, and cracked the foam cores. I'm being honest and up front, these are the only problems I know of. It's hot, and running, and the jets work great. It has an ozonator. To buy it from the dealer, it would be ~$1000-$1500. Maybe $450? I've put a ton of work into it.

Off The Deep End;134901 said:
I have a cal spas hot tub, seats 8, needs work. Pump works and just had a leak by the pump, cosmetics of the wood are a little rough- free for the taking:)
Mind posting some pics? Some more info would help too, age, model, cover condition, etc. Thanks.

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
blue71;134910 said:
Mind posting some pics? Some more info would help too, age, model, cover condition, etc. Thanks.
I would have to get pics tomorrow, dont know the age, have to check on the model and there is a cover but its the wrong one for that hot tub(to small).

Might have to pass on the Cal Spa... They aren't very well insulated and cost a fortune to run. They have a bad rep lately for failing.