1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

How to post images using photobucket - PC Version

Discussion in 'Website and Mobile Apps - How To Guides' started by CRW Reef, Dec 10, 2013.

1. CRW Reef

CRW Reef Orca Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Just created this tutorial in hopes of helping some people out with posting images to the site. Feel free to post up if you have other tips regarding posting with photobucket (via a PC only) as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

UPDATE! As of 10/2017 - You must now use the Direct link in Photobucket
    photbucketupload.JPG to share these on the site

imagebutton.JPG
    urlinput.JPG

* The process might be the same on a Apple Mac but I do not have one nor use one, so I have no idea. If the process is much different I would invite someone with a Mac to please feel free to create a tutorial for MACs as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2017
    jahmic likes this.
  2. fishguy69

fishguy69 Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

That was helpful! Thanks for doing this for the members.

3. SkyDiv3r17

SkyDiv3r17 Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

Btw Chad, on the 6th pic, you don't have to click the "link" icon. The IMG link is to the right of the picture after you click the photo. :thumb:

Nice write up!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013
  4. Walter White

Walter White Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

+1 it was nice of you to do this Chad. Once I saw it I thought " wow why has someone not already done this"

5. Cherub

Cherub Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

nice tutorial. I never seen this before but yeah this is what I use for my posts too. I mean the image is applied to your post full size instead of uploading it into our server that can get bogged down. Sometimes I can wait almost a minute for an image to load where as doing this avoids that complication completely.

Good work Mr!

6. dweeb

dweeb Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

+1 Helpful.

7. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Updated the last part of this how-to, as you now need to use the Direct link from Photobucket instead of the IMG URL that we used to use
    photbucketupload.JPG