Im back

After taking a break from the scene for a couple years I decided to set up a new nano. Though not as nice as my old custom cube I figured it would be fun anyway. The reason I got out was because the maintenance was just to much. So this time I'm going for just a simple Lps/softy low maintenance build. I was given the boot on reefcentral for arguing with a mod several years ago and it kinda put me off of reef keeping for a while. Is the scene still the same over on RC? Also is there anyone in town still making custom tanks? Prefer glass but open to acrylic. If not is there anyone that can help replace the back glass panel on a standard 10 gal so I can drill for bulkheads. Thanks. Anthony

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
RC has it's uses, but the local scene is here. Don't have any answers on who makes tanks, Welcome back to the relapse.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
H2O_intolerant;238587 said:
Welcome back! A few guys make acrylic tanks. Why can't you just drill the back of a 10g? I didn't think was tempered.
A 10 gallon will not be tempered, a 20 gallon is only tempered on the bottom, both could be used and easily drilled

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome back! And congrats on the RC kick. I think only the best people are kicked from RC. Same with R2R and RS.

ive seen people add a layer of thicker glass to the back wall just so the bulkhead wouldnt crack the glass... added strength. Or even laminate the back wall with abs plastic sheet.

mathewkofalk

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Im back

I hate when forum moderators take their duties way to seriously. Its those same people that flag pet sale ads on craigslist. Not saying there aren't d bags selling puppy mill dogs for crazy money, but fish tarantulas and lizards arena whole different deal than dog breeders.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2