I'm begging you

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The first movie started the Biocube Generation of reefing. Oceanic and Coralife capitalized on this along with biocubes with other online sites like PA and BRS who told people that their nanos could be as awesome as a larger tank and sold products (mostly snake oil) to support the new-to-the-hobby people. This generation then paved the way for the next generation, known as the Interweb Generation - the Interweb Generation has most of their knowledge from the internet and very little from experience and post stuff like "awesome (insert piece of equipment or piece of livestock), I have had it for 2 weeks in my cube/nano and it works awesome even though I have never used anything else and have no basis for comparison and should not be posting about this."

I am trying to predict how the hobby will shift now and really have not come up with anything, but rest assured there are people who can sell the next can of snake oil and make money on it. I only hope that they don't come up with something totally stupid like taking yellow tanks and dying them blue like they do tetras.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
jda123;653455 said:
The first movie started the Biocube Generation of reefing. Oceanic and Coralife capitalized on this along with biocubes with other online sites like PA and BRS who told people that their nanos could be as awesome as a larger tank and sold products (mostly snake oil) to support the new-to-the-hobby people. This generation then paved the way for the next generation, known as the Interweb Generation - the Interweb Generation has most of their knowledge from the internet and very little from experience and post stuff like "awesome (insert piece of equipment or piece of livestock), I have had it for 2 weeks in my cube/nano and it works awesome even though I have never used anything else and have no basis for comparison and should not be posting about this."

I am trying to predict how the hobby will shift now and really have not come up with anything, but rest assured there are people who can sell the next can of snake oil and make money on it. I only hope that they don't come up with something totally stupid like taking yellow tanks and dying them blue like they do tetras.
Digital tanks