I'm new to the forum

I joined awhile ago, but never did anything with the forums, now I'm trying to be more aware of what's going on in the community! I have a 20 gallon long, growing a Zoa garden, taken awhile and still has a ways to go. Here's a few pics of some of what I have.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Welcome to the madness and High five on the zoa collection!!! We have a few zoa junkies around here so you're right at home :lost it:

neil82

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome! How do you have your 20L setup? Lights, sump, filtration etc. Feel free to give us all the gory details. :smile:

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
:welcome:

neil82;367286 said:
Welcome! How do you have your 20L setup? Lights, sump, filtration etc. Feel free to give us all the gory details. :smile:
this tank has been running for about 2 1/2 years with some rock that's been established for over 5.

it is by all means a dirty tank that's never had a water change. I run a small off brand h.o.b skimmer that does catch some off the junk as I feed heavy every other day.

I have about dozen different types of zoas but my gold dust zoas have taken over and I have well over a 150+ heads across the tank that I need to start fragging and reducing, a few of the nice ones I have are pinwheels, blue hornets, ultra blue kisses, pink zippers, and sunny d's.

I have one orange diamond goby about 2" that I bought when he was under 1 1/2", seriously the smallest one I've ever seen, I have a healthy supply of pods and I have access to more, plus he is starting to take to frozen food, when he gets much bigger he will go into my 125g fowlr.

I use a 165w led blackbox with improved spectrum over eBay versions and have nice colors and growth, I run it about 16" off the water on a 12/14/16 hour light cycle for white/blue/moons at 25%/50%/100% and have seen nothing but good results.

my ultimate goal is to actually turn this 20l into a 40b and continue the zoa garden and maybe have more fish as 20l is pretty small for most fish.