IM Nuvo 16 - treatment for incurable MTS

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sometimes I despise having 2 tanks...

But this is what happens when I sit on equipment for too long. I had an IM Nuvo 16 that I parted out to the point that it became a free tank...and was also staring at a collection of lighting fixtures, heaters, and two 5 gallon buckets of live rock. In an effort to save space and consolidate my collection of fish junk...I threw this together last night...literally the quickest build I've ever done considering the tank went from sitting on my table to scaped and running in under a half hour lol.

Looks like I am in the midst of MTS (multi-tank-syndrome) relapse. :)

The immediate purpose of the tank will be to house a few of my rainbow BTAs from my other build. They have been splitting to the point that they are starting to shade/crowd each other and I have a few that went Icarus on me and crawled up the rocks and too close to my radion and are looking a bit stressed. Turning down the radion isn't an option due to the depth of the tank...I tried feeding the nems and cranking up the radions a bit on the cube and a few of the other nems moved down the rock...but these stubborn 3 just stayed put and continued to look angry. :tsk: I will be moving them over one by one over the next few weeks to see how they do in this tank. Since I used new live sand and a stash of live rock that I've had curing since the beginning of the year, I'm not worried about a cycle...been changing the water and testing it over the past several months and the rock is definitely ready for work.

Anyway...consider this a placeholder for after my nems move in and out of their temporary home. Not sure what I'll do with the build yet, but I'm thinking maybe just macros and a pair of seahorses. Gonna keep it as low maintenance as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sounds like a nem/ clown tank in the making :)

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
haha was wondering when you were going to bite the bullet and just put it together.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Shaunv;325992 said:
Sounds like a nem/ clown tank in the making :)
Haha you mean another one? :p I definitely would if I didn't already have 22 nems in my 85 gal cube.

SynDen;326006 said:
haha was wondering when you were going to bite the bullet and just put it together.
Yea...it was going to happen sooner or later lol. What's really crazy is that I'm still sitting on another tank that I would like to setup. I may eventually still plumb that 3rd one into the cube and move the contents of this new tank over so that I can still have a planted marine tank and even easier maintenance.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well...seahorses are probably out for this system. Forgot about the lower temperature requirements and my house tends to get pretty warm in the spring/summer. I'll probably still go with a planted marine tank, but not too sure on stocking yet.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You could always do something along the lines of this to keep temps down depending on how hot your house gets. This os for a biocube, but the priciples could still apply to a nuvo. You would need to add yourself a PM1 or PM2 to your apex to control them properly though.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2075538

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
You could do a zoa garden.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
zombie;326160 said:
You could always do something along the lines of this to keep temps down depending on how hot your house gets. This os for a biocube, but the priciples could still apply to a nuvo. You would need to add yourself a PM1 or PM2 to your apex to control them properly though.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2075538
That's a really nice mod. Doing something similar on a build and it helped to see the pictures of what was going on in my head! Thanks!