Instructions on Posting Articles and Videos

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hello MASC Family!

We've decided to roll out this forum, which has been hiding in the shadows for time now.

Here you will find a series of articles for your reading/viewing pleasure. Some of these reef-related articles are being pulled off the internet and shared/archived on MASC for our community. Other articles have been created right here by our reefing community...most of these are previously stickied posts that will be moved here as member contributions to the forums.

Have an article that you'd like to submit? Is there a thread floating around the forums that you think we should add? PM a BOD with your submission and we will review and post if we feel that the content is appropriate for this section of our forums.

Derek has managed to provide a constant influx of articles that we will be reviewing thanks to the RSS feeds he set up. Enjoy the upcoming content!!!

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
If anybody would like us to be on the look out for specific subjects, please let me know. Also, as the content here starts growing, feel free to drop us a PM or post up if you feel like were are missing any topics.

SquidBreath

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ohhhh....am I the first to use this one? :)

Question...I just took some video and wanted to post it up here. It's really big....500 meg anbd 5 min...
I can cut that down a lot just by cutting out the first 4 min waiting for something to happen...but I don't know a thing about video editing and formats that would be friendly to the forum.
Are there any downloadable tools for producing little videos, that anyone would recommend?
I tried to upload to photobucket, but it was too big for that I think...kept failing.
Any direction in this matter much appreciated!
Thanks
Dave

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Been about a decade since I did any video editing.

I think you should look into uploading it to YouTube. Then you can easily embed the video on the forum. Photobucket uses compression that kills the video quality...you can get a better quality upload via YouTube.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
That's a great article, and I've linked it several times elsewhere in the forum :)

Thanks for the reminder...I'll give that one a thread of its own!