Its that time of year again....

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey guys! Its the time of year again when I need to change bulbs. Just querying to see what people are running on there tanks.

Looking for input from people using SE halides.

I am currently running 400w 20k radiums.

Thanks!

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;369395 said:
Well time to try the 10k color spectrum out. Just ordered 2x XM 10k and 2x guisenman 12.5k bulbs for $90 total.
I didn't like the 10k Xm, too yellow for my liking. Do you have any actinic supplementation ?

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
aztecdreams;369401 said:
I didn't like the 10k Xm, too yellow for my liking. Do you have any actinic supplementation ?
Yah I have actinic supp. Vho's, and led. And not like I am home when the halides are on anyways.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The Hamilton 10K is the one to have if you don't care about the ultra-high PAR of the XM. It is more crisp, whiter and brings out better colors... and still has pretty good PAR. You can almost use the Hammy 10K without any VHO.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;369395 said:
Well time to try the 10k color spectrum out. Just ordered 2x XM 10k and 2x guisenman 12.5k bulbs for $90 total.
That's what I run. I have a single 400w XM 10k over my 60 frag flat and it does well. The colors get a little washed out but the geissman are great - I got their 420nm and am happy with that. I've noticed great growth and colors, they don't do so well at the edges but I think that's my setup more than anything else.

Luke.Fraizer

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
What ballasts are you all using on the XM10k? I just got 3 for my reef and like the color but sometimes they turn on an hour after they are scheduled to come on and other times, which is actually most of the time, they never come on!... I have called them 3 times and no response. I little peeved!

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Luke.Fraizer;369447 said:
What ballasts are you all using on the XM10k? I just got 3 for my reef and like the color but sometimes they turn on an hour after they are scheduled to come on and other times, which is actually most of the time, they never come on!... I have called them 3 times and no response. I little peeved!
Are they on a controller? I've never had trouble with mine.