Just flew in from Virginia, and boy are my arms tired...

Shinchan

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Greetings all,

Just relocated to Boulder from Northern Virginia (not actually a separate state, but it should be).

I was in the freshwater game for years and just got into saltwater about 3 years ago. I was a member of WAMAS for 4 years before moving. I only have a 14-gallon biocube so far until the boss lets me get a bigger tank.

I moved the BC and the entire contents cross-country 2 weeks ago, not an easy task but the only casualty so far has been a couple of heads of frogspawn. Everything else made it (clowns, Yasha + pistol shrimp, Bourneman's anemone, shrooms, zoas, snails and starfish).

Looking forward to attending my first meeting and meeting you all!

Jared

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome, Jared! I relocated to Colorado from Hell (Northern VA) several years back. Which part were you in? I lived in Manassas, then Burke, then Alexandria. We've got a fabulous group of folks in this club, and I'm pretty sure we can correct that lost frogspawn issue. I'm impressed that was the only casualty! We've got a meeting coming up near the end of the month. Would love to see you there.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Shinchan;256640 said:
Just relocated to Boulder from Northern Virginia (not actually a separate state, but it should be).
LOL! I just had this conversation last week. :p

Welcome to the site...and just a heads up, Boulder is its own republic. :p

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
Damn what's with these northern Virginians? I was born in Fairfax VA, and grew up in Manasas, like 5 minutes from the Battlefield there. I was actually in Gainesville, but close enough. Haha. Where were you at? And Cindy I didn't know you were from that part too!

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Can all west Virginians fly? Or just you. Never noticed Cindy doing that... Your arms must be tired!

Badgervet

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Shinchan;256692 said:
*ahem* Virginian. not West Virginian. West Virginia is a different country.
I second that, the easy way to tell a Virginian from a West Virginian is to count the tooth in a West Virginian's mouth! (no offense to anyone that might be from WVA!)
Welcome to the area and club, I'm a Va Beach native but still fly out to Northern VA at least once a year to see friends in the Herndon/Reston area.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
PlumCrazy;256674 said:
Damn what's with these northern Virginians? I was born in Fairfax VA, and grew up in Manasas, like 5 minutes from the Battlefield there. I was actually in Gainesville, but close enough. Haha. Where were you at? And Cindy I didn't know you were from that part too!
You're from NoVa?? Once upon a time I was a stagehand at Nissan Pavilion.

Dr.HarlemTutu;256680 said:
Can all west Virginians fly? Or just you. Never noticed Cindy doing that... Your arms must be tired!
HAHA!! I was raised in WV, but came here from NoVa. Two extremely different places, located very close to each other.

Shinchan;256692 said:
*ahem* Virginian. not West Virginian. West Virginia is a different country.
LOL- usually compared to a 3rd world country, which isn't too far off the mark.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Badgervet;256737 said:
I second that, the easy way to tell a Virginian from a West Virginian is to count the tooth in a West Virginian's mouth! (no offense to anyone that might be from WVA!)
Welcome to the area and club, I'm a Va Beach native but still fly out to Northern VA at least once a year to see friends in the Herndon/Reston area.
You've been misinformed. We don't have teeth any more than we have shoes. But the real way to tell us from a Virginian is to ask us about our family tree. If it's a straight arrow, then they're native West by god Virginian.

Badgervet

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
CindyL;256747 said:
You've been misinformed. We don't have teeth any more than we have shoes. But the real way to tell us from a Virginian is to ask us about our family tree. If it's a straight arrow, then they're native West by god Virginian.
LOL, I stand corrected!

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Welcome to the state and the club let me know if I can do anything for u