Just for fun

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
There are three light switches downstairs. Each corresponds to one of the three light bulbs in the attic. You can turn the switches on and off and leave them in any position.
How would you identify which switch corresponds to which light bulb, if you are only allowed one trip upstairs?.........

No using google *cough* Jamie *cough*

Use a mirror and have them all lined up to show you reflections of the light bulbs.

Andy
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thats a good thought but you have no objects to use, i.e. no mirrors no fishing string.... just you and your brain:)

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok I think I got it... Turn 2 switches on. Wait about 20 mins. Turn one of the switches back off, now go upstairs. The one light that is on corresponds to the switch that is still on. Now touch the other 2 bulbs, the one that is hot corresponds to the other switch that was on, but is now off, and the cold bulb is the one that never got turned on.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Blazinjack;194247 said:
Ok I think I got it... Turn 2 switches on. Wait about 20 mins. Turn one of the switches back off, now go upstairs. The one light that is on corresponds to the switch that is still on. Now touch the other 2 bulbs, the one that is hot corresponds to the other switch that was on, but is now off, and the cold bulb is the one that never got turned on.
Well done!

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
Oh nice Jack, I like that idea of checking the heat on the bulbs!

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok here is an easy one for the morning rush.

What is greater than God,
more evil than the devil,
the poor have it,
the rich need it,
and if you eat it, you'll die?.......