Kayvon's rebirth tank

Equipment

• Display Tank: 120 gallon aquarium (48”L X 24”W X 24”H)
• Sump: Trigger Systems Sapphire 34
• Refugium: Rocks and sponges
• Lighting: ATI 8 Bulb Powermodule, 4blue+, 3coral+,1actinic
• Skimmer: Maxspect Aeraqua Duo
• Return Pump: Waveline DC10000II
• Powerheads: 4x Tunze 6095, Tunze Wavebox
• Auto Top Off System: Tunze Osmolator 3
• Dosing Pump: GHL Doser 2.1
• Controller: GHL Profilux 4
• Kalk Reactor: Icecap something

I'm rebooting my tank and figured I'd post it. I had some giant corals take over my tank as well as some really aggressive fish. This meant I didn't have any more room for new corals, nor could I add any new livestock. I quickly got bored and thing began to crash. I used this as a chance to restart and get things the way I wanted. I'll add some more info sometime later.

I mixed up some DIY Flatworm Stop because I heard about the health benefits to corals. I followed this recipe semi closely. 1/2 cup of wormwood in a gallon of water. I then strained out the wormwood as best I could using some filter floss I shoved in the bottom of a funnel. I added a few drops of Lugol's because there's probably some iodine in flatworm stop. I'm dosing about 8ml/day. It's almost double the dosage on the flatworm stop label.

I also mixed up some DIY NoPox. There's a calculator somewhere out there that outlined the exact ratio. A gallon roughly boils down to 1.5L of vodka and top it up with vinegar. I've been dosing vodka for the past couple of years, but now I'm going to switch to see if there's any benefit.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I hate/love it when that happens lol
Good assortment of sticks there though

N1tew0lf1212

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Got a few from @scchase but the majority came from POTO and Thirstysreef. POTO has an auction platform called reefnbid.com and thirstys has auctions on ebay.
The poto one always looks great but i get caught up on the fact you have to spend a certain amount or shipping charges are crazy. But there have been a few pieces i have bid on. Seems like if you arent on there watching like a hawk you can miss out in the last 15 sec. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I decided there wasn’t enough flow in my tank and wanted to repurpose my other flow pumps, so I added a Tunze Stream 3.
This thing weighs a ton. Built like a cannon. This is going to give the area behind the rocks a push. I only have it around 30%. Any higher starts to push my euphylia at the front of the tank. The water circulates around my entire tank even at this speed.