Koralia nano?

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I was at ambrosios place today and he had an awesome little nem. Well just like everything else in this hobby I want it. Trying to convince myself otherwise but want to educate myself on nems to see if it's even a viable option.

Main question is I have 2 koralia nano pumps (one 240 and one 425) do I have to make these nem safe? If so how?

Also is my tank ready. From what I've read in the past you need at least 6 months of it running before you get one. I'm at 6 months and things have been really good for the past 5 months (first month was rough.)

Just want to educate like I said if I want to jump and grab the little guy

The longer the better and more established and stable your system will be. As for the korallias... I have two of the nano 240s in my tank. They aren't modified to make them "nem safe" at all. But I feel like I'm pretty lucky that my RBTA hasn't moved at all in the last 6 months since I got him. I wish you luck in your nem endeavors its one of the most gratifying parts of this goby for me at least

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I ran foam guards on my mp10s for a while...but now that the name are established I don't worry about them moving.

IMO, if you have enough flow to turn the koralias off for a few days, I'd opt for doing that. Whenever I introduce a new BTA I turn my mp10s all the way down until they pick a spot and look happy...usually 48hrs or so, then I slowly ramp up flow over the next few days. I know that's not an option for the koralia..so perhaps turning 1 on at a time is a viable option.

I hate the foam guards btw.. they just trapped food and detritus and required weekly cleaning. They also significantly reduced flow. I'd say if your tank is stable and you have coral in there that is thriving...go ahead and add the nem.